Vimium or alternative for web apps

So the company that I'm working for is switching to web based software for a lot of my work. Previously we had used a desktop software that allowed keyboard shortcuts to navigate the entire interface without ever touching the mouse and I fell in love with this style of using the computer because of how fast it is. Well with the new software I am much slower and have been looking into extensions to allow me to accomplish this within the web app. One option I found was the extension Vimium. It is essentially perfect except for one major flaw. From what I've been able to find it can't interact with javascript elements on pages. Is there a way to make it work with that? Or, is there an alternative program that operates the same way?

I don't see any good workaround. Developers need to code in all the keyboard events into their web applications for keyboard press to work. You can try mapping your keyboard press into some mouse click events but this is very tedious. I think web extensions like vimium works by directly acting on the DOM. If it isn't compatible due to whatever reason, then you can just use a none web base mapping tool to directly translate a key press to a mouse click on a x-y position on the screen. A major issue however is that you need to know the position of your browser and whichever ever place you want to click on. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

16 hours ago, wasab said:

I don't see any good workaround. Developers need to code in all the keyboard events into their web applications for keyboard press to work. You can try mapping your keyboard press into some mouse click events but this is very tedious. I think web extensions like vimium works by directly acting on the DOM. If it isn't compatible due to whatever reason, then you can just use a none web base mapping tool to directly translate a key press to a mouse click on a x-y position on the screen. A major issue however is that you need to know the position of your browser and whichever ever place you want to click on. 

yah thats what I was afraid of, the thing that made me a little hopeful was that when I press the f key in vimium the buttons and fields do show up as "links" to open so I just thought maybe there was a way to actually activate a keystroke at that location instead of just opening a link. Thanks for the help

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv