De-pinning

Entonite

So I have pcie cables that came with my power supply, they are  6+2 setup but have another 6+2 daisychained off of them.

I would like to Depin and remove the added on extras. What do I need to depin and push the wires out of the plug housing ?

There's a special tool for the miniFit Jr. series of connectors (the series name for pci-e and atx connectors). 

Example https://www.newark.com/molex/11-03-0044/extraction-tool/dp/94F9674

but you can find cheaper clones or chinese tools that do the same job for maybe 10$

If you don't want to buy the tool, you can basically sharpen some tweezers and make it work. You have to slide in from both sides to press the "ears" of the contact inside, then pull out the cable. 

Note though that the wires are crimped to the pins so that middle 6+2 connector has the two wires crimped into the pins, if you want to fully get rid of that second 6+2 connector you'd still have to CUT the wires at the base of each pin in the first connector, where they're crimped into the pins.

It may make more sense to go to a site like cablemod and spend a few dollars ordering a custom cable with just one 8pin or a 6+2 at the end and leave your original power supply cables untouched.

2 hours ago, mariushm said:

There's a special tool for the miniFit Jr. series of connectors (the series name for pci-e and atx connectors). 

Example https://www.newark.com/molex/11-03-0044/extraction-tool/dp/94F9674

but you can find cheaper clones or chinese tools that do the same job for maybe 10$

If you don't want to buy the tool, you can basically sharpen some tweezers and make it work. You have to slide in from both sides to press the "ears" of the contact inside, then pull out the cable. 

Note though that the wires are crimped to the pins so that middle 6+2 connector has the two wires crimped into the pins, if you want to fully get rid of that second 6+2 connector you'd still have to CUT the wires at the base of each pin in the first connector, where they're crimped into the pins.

It may make more sense to go to a site like cablemod and spend a few dollars ordering a custom cable with just one 8pin or a 6+2 at the end and leave your original power supply cables untouched.

I'm not that worried about Custom cables as it's already custom since it's the ROG strix white Gundam edition it's just the cables would look much better without the Extra 6+2 by alot . And maybe some Wire Combs to clean up how they look

20210822_085300.jpg