Free Software for Students

For large corporate businesses there is something called MSDN. This is a subscription based service from microsoft. My dad has it and you can literally download anything by microsoft. Even MS-DOS. The problem with this is that it is really expensive ($12,000 a year). But there is Dreamspark for students. I don't think many people know about it but it is really good. If your University, College etc. pays a smaller fee all of their students can download loads of really useful stuff including Windows7. Even if your school etc. does not sign up you can still download a few other things for free.

Just search Dreamspark to see if you are eligible.

And no there not paying me to tell you this(Although if they want to I do not object, you too EA. Sponsor me) 

to bad i dont go to university for a few years cause i need windows 7 now :D

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

and i had read a bit about this its pretty cool.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

i still have my catia v5 student licence :D

I haven't heard of this but I don't think i'm applicable. I don't even know my school email so I couldn't get it anyway :/

You can also get free autodesk software as a student ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

i know that Adobe and Autodesk do student licences for there software

Character artist in the Games industry.

Autodesk software is pretty much free for any student.

Adobe hardly even reduces their prices for students!

I find the main problem with MSDN is it doesnt give you the MS Word suite, which is what i would have liked to see for students. 

But i did grab myself a free copy of 7 and 8  :lol:.

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

For large corporate businesses there is something called MSDN. This is a subscription based service from microsoft. My dad has it and you can literally download anything by microsoft. Even MS-DOS. The problem with this is that it is really expensive ($12,000 a year). But there is Dreamspark for students. I don't think many people know about it but it is really good. If your University, College etc. pays a smaller fee all of their students can download loads of really useful stuff including Windows7. Even if your school etc. does not sign up you can still download a few other things for free.

Just search Dreamspark to see if you are eligible.

And no there not paying me to tell you this(Although if they want to I do not object, you too EA. Sponsor me) 

Moved to software

also even if your university doesn't pay for the package (ie for windows 7/8) you may still be able to create an account with your uni email address and have access to part of the software including server 2012, just go to the website and see if that's you.

Oh boy, I didn't think there were any educational organisations left that used Microstufft software, one would expect that they would know what they were doing if they educate others... the thought of a school using Windows Server sparks nightmares, not dreams...

My college gave all IT students a free MSDN account each so we have access to all Microsoft software for free except for Office.