100% cpu usage but task manager cant find anything, please help!

puppo

i benchmarked my pc 10 minutes ago to see the temps after i changed some parts, after i pressed stop benchmarking the cpu rate still was at 100%, idk how to stop it, i even deleted the benchmark program but still nothing, 100% usage, any suggestions?

1 minute ago, puppo said:

i benchmarked my pc 10 minutes ago to see the temps after i changed some parts, after i pressed stop benchmarking the cpu rate still was at 100%, idk how to stop it, i even deleted the benchmark program but still nothing, 100% usage, any suggestions?

did you try restarting or signing out of your account btw 

Could be just windows being a pain 

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

Just now, Ben17 said:

did you try restarting or signing out of your account btw 

Could be just windows being a pain 

i just restarted the pc and it shows me this 

Screenshot (24).png

Just now, puppo said:

i just restarted the pc and it shows me this 

try going to processes and choosing sort by highest usage 

the cpu tab where I circled in red

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

image.thumb.png.6e3a874bc0e52354f58e04337ef60d52.png

4 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

try going to processes and choosing sort by highest usage 

the cpu tab where I circled in red

the problem is that it gets higher without finding any processes, and idk what it could causes this @Ben17

Just now, puppo said:

the problem is that it gets higher without finding any processes, and idk what it could causes this

did you wait a few minutes after restarting 

windows often has tasks that run when you first start a pc that can make it go to 100% for about 5 minutes sometimes 

sometimes even when you run a benchmark  the usage will take a few minutes to go down 

1 minute ago, Ben17 said:

did you wait a few minutes after restarting 

windows often has tasks that run when you first start a pc that can make it go to 100% for about 5 minutes sometimes 

sometimes even when you run a benchmark  the usage will take a few minutes to go down 

yeah, i was playing r6, then i closed the application to see if someone needed help on ltt forum and i noticed a loud noise that comes from my pc, the fans were spinning much faster than normal: i checked the cpu usage and it was at 100% usage, i even closed all the application and it was doing a weird thing, going to 4/5% (normal) to 100%, i waited a bit, then I restarted the pc and it did the same thing @Ben17

5 minutes ago, puppo said:

yeah, i was playing r6, then i closed the application to see if someone needed help on ltt forum and i noticed a loud noise that comes from my pc, the fans were spinning much faster than normal: i checked the cpu usage and it was at 100% usage, i even closed all the application and it was doing a weird thing, going to 4/5% (normal) to 100%, i waited a bit, then I restarted the pc and it did the same thing @Ben17

odd 

I'd leave it sit idle for a few minutes just in case it's windows being a pain tbh 

It's better to be sure than trying to fix a non issue 

sometimes after you have a cpu at high load it takes a while to drop back down again I've found 

usually it's a process called system interrupts that seems to have high usage for a bit  

That looks very weird, you could try to run services.msc and disable the print spooler service, see if that helps. (note that you can't print anymore then) Otherwise I would try the usual windows stuff like run sfc /scannow, or see if updating your drivers will help.

So out of curiosity I looked into the windows performance monitor, and it should show you what process is using your CPU. You can run perfmon to open it, then you press the green plus and add process - processor time - all instances. Your graph should show all processes now in real time and you can read what causes those huge spikes by hovering over the lines. In my example the short spikes are from my browser. 

processortime.png

32 minutes ago, merco said:

That looks very weird, you could try to run services.msc and disable the print spooler service, see if that helps. (note that you can't print anymore then) Otherwise I would try the usual windows stuff like run sfc /scannow, or see if updating your drivers will help.

okok ill try it, thank you

Would be interesting to know what process causes these spikes that you can't see in the task manager.

15 minutes ago, merco said:

Would be interesting to know what process causes these spikes that you can't see in the task manager.

this is my task manager rn, what should i do?

Screenshot (25).png

1 hour ago, Ben17 said:

odd 

I'd leave it sit idle for a few minutes just in case it's windows being a pain tbh 

It's better to be sure than trying to fix a non issue 

sometimes after you have a cpu at high load it takes a while to drop back down again I've found 

usually it's a process called system interrupts that seems to have high usage for a bit  

watch, this is my task manager rn @Ben17

Screenshot (25).png

I would try to run windows update and see if it fixes it. For some reason antimalware service executable is taking up a lot of CPU, could be normal though I have never looked too closely at it.

4 minutes ago, merco said:

I would try to run windows update and see if it fixes it. For some reason antimalware service executable is taking up a lot of CPU, could be normal though I have never looked too closely at it.

antimalware service is defn normal 

I've had that use about 70% in the past before even 

I'd try just waiting for it to settle tbh @puppo

that process is usually when windows defender (the built in antivirus in windows decides to run a virus scan)

1 minute ago, Ben17 said:

antimalware service is defn normal 

I've had that use about 70% in the past before even 

what should i do then? i dont have activated windows and if i try to stop the process it says that i cant @Ben17

Just now, Ben17 said:

I'd try just waiting for it to settle tbh @puppo

that process is usually when windows defender (the built in antivirus in windows decides to run a virus scan)

yeah but i already done that yesterday, i use malwarebytes and it found some viruses and other things, but then it still go super high even after i cleaned my pc from viruses

8 minutes ago, merco said:

ok so i found some things that i had to download, ill let you know after it finishes the download

Well you shouldn't deactivate it, it scans your computer for malware and makes sure the most recent windows defender is installed.

I would just run Windows Update.

6 minutes ago, merco said:

Well you shouldn't deactivate it, it scans your computer for malware and makes sure the most recent windows defender is installed.

I would just run Windows Update.

ok so, i finished to install the updates and it seems like the situation is now more calm i guess? if anything changes ill let you know