Seagate brings out 6TB HDD, did not need no Steekin' Shingles

they have extremely stupid prices..

http://www.prisjakt.nu/kategori.php?l=s168444720&o=eg_104#prodlista

a good 4 TB cost around 1500-2000 SEK, if you want a 5 TB or more you have to pay 3000 extra sek for one more TB

Well of course. The 5 and 6TB drives are enterprise drives, while the 1500-2000SEK 4TB drives are low grade consumer drives.

This new Seagate drive is an enterprise drive as well. It will be expensive.

Well of course. The 5 and 6TB drives are enterprise drives, while the 1500-2000SEK 4TB drives are low grade consumer drives.

This new Seagate drive is an enterprise drive as well. It will be expensive.

What the hell do the word "Enterprice" mean?

You guys keeps saying that i am like a retard who dont understand anything:/

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I would never trust that much data on a single device, ever.

They are hard drives aimed for corporations and other areas of big business that relay on devices having higher tolerances for stability. Enterprise drives tend to be heavier and subjected to more testing than common consumer drivers. They are built to a higher spec and thus cost more for that extra reliability.

Enterprise/Big Business.

They are hard drives aimed for corporations and other areas of big business that relay on devices having higher tolerances for stability. Enterprise drives tend to be heavier and subjected to more testing than common consumer drivers. They are built to a higher spec and thus cost more for that extra reliability.

Enterprise/Big Business.

with other words, its for people who dry their asses with money? aka rich people

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

with other words, its for people who dry their asses with money? aka rich people

Not really. More like geared towards those who run data centers or for those willing to spend the extra for a drive with lower failure rate. Kinda the same as people who spend the extra on a promise for no dead pixels on a monitor. It all depends on what you want to use the drive on, actually. If it's something like mass storage for your personal system, a Western Digital Blue/Black/Seagate Barracuda series is more or less the standard. If you run a business, it doesn't hurt to use enterprise drives and for NAS, get some WD Reds.

Not really. More like geared towards those who run data centers or for those willing to spend the extra for a drive with lower failure rate. Kinda the same as people who spend the extra on a promise for no dead pixels on a monitor.

dead pixels are annoying!, I got one dead pixel and i cant even see it if i dont concentrate but i know its there:(

dead pixels are annoying!, I got one dead pixel and i cant even see it if i dont concentrate but i know its there:(

My monitor needs replacing as well, served me well for all these years, though. Back to the topic at hand, regular consumers sometimes will buy these beefier spec'd hard drives not because they want to throw money around, but because it's like a little promise that their data is more safe. All drives can fail, but knowing a drive has a lower failure rate can comfort some people. I hope the idea of these kinds of drives make more sense now.

My monitor needs replacing as well, served me well for all these years, though. Back to the topic at hand, regular consumers sometimes will buy these beefier spec'd hard drives not because they want to throw money around, but because it's like a little promise that their data is more safe. All drives can fail, but knowing a drive has a lower failure rate can comfort some people. I hope the idea of these kinds of drives make more sense now.

Do you think these drives will be cheaper around september this year?

Do you think these drives will be cheaper around september this year?

Probably. Last I checked Amazon, there are several drives that used to be near the 200usd mark that dropped dramatically.

No no no, you're not retarded at all.

Enterprise = business/company

"Enterprise hardware" is not aimed at regular customers. For example an enterprise drive like the Seagate one are made to endure 24/7 workloads in hot environments and with lots of vibrations (since they are stacked so closely together), and they usually have better warranty and are tested much more thoroughly. The Seagate drive OP linked also has things like encryption and secure erase built in. There are also a lot of other features enterprise hard drives has like vibration sensors, bad sector recovery, RV compensation and so on.

If a WD Green was a Volkswagen Golf, then this Seagate drive would be an armored Jeep.