Windows slowing down performance because of broken laptop fan

RZGAMES

I have a Acer Nitro 5 Spin and one of the cpu fans was really noisy and grindy, i thi k this was because of the motor in the fan. Since there is two fans I snipped the broken one off because it was so bad it was vibrating my desk, but now the laptop is really really slow in windows for some reason. I booted into fedora and that works fine. Im not sure if its a setting in windows I need to change or what. (Note I am in windows 11 dev build latest update)

4 minutes ago, RZGAMES said:

Since there is two fans I snipped the broken one off because it was so bad it was vibrating my desk, but now the laptop is really really slow in windows for some reason.

"So i snipped one fan off and now i dont know why my laptop is really slow"

Go figure, those fans are needed to freking cool the laptop, if the laptop doesnt have enough cooling ofc is gonna be slow cause the cpu will start throttling itself due to high temps

Although try checking your temps in coretemp, throttlestop, hwmonitor, whatever software can display your cpu temps though id suggest hwmonitor since it has alot more data like cpu freq, temp, etc

7 minutes ago, RZGAMES said:

I have a Acer Nitro 5 Spin and one of the cpu fans was really noisy and grindy, i thi k this was because of the motor in the fan. Since there is two fans I snipped the broken one off because it was so bad it was vibrating my desk, but now the laptop is really really slow in windows for some reason. I booted into fedora and that works fine. Im not sure if its a setting in windows I need to change or what. (Note I am in windows 11 dev build latest update)

Uhm there is a reason there are 2 fans.
1 isnt enough.
Source a fan, or another way of cooling or have a slow notebook.

The fan most likely cools a bit more then just the CPU, so yeah be very careful with heat in that situation, you might irreparably damage components.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

"So i snipped one fan off and now i dont know why my laptop is really slow"

Go figure, those fans are needed to freking cool the laptop, if the laptop doesnt have enough cooling ofc is gonna be slow cause the cpu will start throttling itself due to high temps

Although try checking your temps in coretemp, throttlestop, hwmonitor, whatever software can display your cpu temps though id suggest hwmonitor since it has alot more data like cpu freq, temp, etc

No like the laptop is stone cold but its being bottle necked by something.  To the point where the fan just stopped spinning cause the laptop dident need it

1 minute ago, RZGAMES said:

No like the laptop is stone cold but its being bottle necked by something.  To the point where the fan just stopped spinning cause the laptop dident need it

Maybe use hwmonitor and throttlestop and see if its being throttled by bs like bd prochot or power limits

2 minutes ago, RZGAMES said:

Yes because the heat is localized in the CPU (or another component) and it cannot get away that component/CPU/GPU will heat up tremendously.
Lowering its life expectancy too. But no way to get rid of the heat, its just stays there in a single spot.
Fans are able to 'move' heat around.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

I have checked the temps and load with HWMonitor. It sits around 38 degrees celcius on the cpu (100F) Even with this the laptop is still slow im not sure why