Is a 65-inch Apple TV on the way?

dtronicsuk

Apple’s been rumoured to be working on its own big screen Apple TV for some time now, but we’ve yet to see anything come out of Cupertino. With the likes of Amazon’s Fire TV now on the rise, it looks like it’s time for Apple to strike – and there could be a 65-inch telly on the way. Fancy a huge Apple TV for your living room that would dwarf the iMac?

Full story here ---> http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadget-show/gadget-news/is-a-65-inch-apple-tv-on-the-way

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

No

I highly doubt they would release an actualy TV set, seems a really odd play for them. TVs are quite low margin products. Apple are more software guys than hardware guys, they want to create a great experiance with easy software, they already have apple TV, making a physical TV just seems to make no sense

There has also been no report of them having factory equipment in order to make TVs

Also the TV market is WAYYY too saturated, samsung/lg/sony can easily create a panel on par for less money.

However a new Apple TV set top box? I can see that, with an A7 chip and app support so you can download games and apps - that would be glorious. The only other thing would be them integrating their apple tv box into existing TVs, but I doubt apple would want to put their name on another brands products

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

No

I highly doubt they would release an actualy TV set, seems a really odd play for them. TVs are quite low margin products. Apple are more software guys than hardware guys, they want to create a great experiance with easy software, they already have apple TV, making a physical TV just seems to make no sense

There has also been no report of them having factory equipment in order to make TVs

Also the TV market is WAYYY too saturated, samsung/lg/sony can easily create a panel on par for less money.

However a new Apple TV set top box? I can see that, with an A7 chip and app support so you can download games and apps - that would be glorious. The only other thing would be them integrating their apple tv box into existing TVs, but I doubt apple would want to put their name on another brands products

thats exactly what i thought when i first saw this, as i said this is rumoured so we might not actually seen anything

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

interesting but, no.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

nope, going to be overpriced

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

If they do, it will be so they can build an app store ecosystem to sell apps. They won't make much off the hardware.

I cringe every time I see the gadget show or even an article from the gadget show.

"$5000 65" 4k brushed aluminum integrated Apple TV"  Sounds nice, would like nice, but the wallet would argue otherwise.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Brought to you by the same people who said Desktop PCs were dead!

No and who would care. Apple products are really boring. I am more interested in affordable 4K monitors. Like the Samsung U28D590D.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard