Will this laptop be enough for my needs?

I have an HP Pavilion x360 (14-dh1710nd) in my sights equipped with an i5 10210u 8GB RAM 256GB storage and a GeForce MX130 for 625 euro. I mainly plan to use it for content consumption but it would be nice if it could play e-sports titles like League of Legends, Rocket League, VALORANT etc along with light video editing. Will these specs hold up to the task or should I look for something else? If not what should I look for?

Sidenote: I know that Back to School sales are right around the corner and I plan to wait for them but I wanted opinions on this specific laptop just in case there aren't any good deals.

Thanks in advance,

Tetoris

7 minutes ago, Tetoris said:

Will these specs hold up to the task or should I look for something else?

Yes, these are enough. You can view media obviously, and you can do light editing too. And for light-weight games like you've mentioned above, you can totally play them at 60 fps and above by tweaking the settings. Also experiment running the game on both the Nvidia gpu, and the intel igpu, as those haev gotten pretty fast nowadays too

PLEASE TAG ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLY!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  | Motherboard: Asus TUF X570 Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8gbx2 3600Mhz | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3080 | PSU: NZXT C850 | Case: Corsair 5000D AF | Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb m.2 ssd + Samsung 860 EVO 1tb ssd | Monitor: LG 49WL95C-W | Peripherals: Logitech G815 + Razer Viper Ultimate + Razer Kraken TE | Audio: Logitech G560 

1 minute ago, Carbonado said:

Yes, these are enough. You can view media obviously, and you can do light editing too. And for light-weight games like you've mentioned above, you can totally play them at 60 fps and above by tweaking the settings. Also experiment running the game on both the Nvidia gpu, and the intel igpu, as those haev gotten pretty fast nowadays too

If I do it on the iGPU it's going to reduce heat output and increase battery life right?

Just now, Tetoris said:

If I do it on the iGPU it's going to reduce heat output and increase battery life right?

Well there's a basic rule, don't game on a laptop without the charger connected lol. You'd be surprised at  how bad the performance gets if you unplug the laptop. As for heat, you'll have heat anyways because you'll be utilizing either the igpu or the discrete graphics to the max.

PLEASE TAG ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLY!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  | Motherboard: Asus TUF X570 Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8gbx2 3600Mhz | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3080 | PSU: NZXT C850 | Case: Corsair 5000D AF | Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb m.2 ssd + Samsung 860 EVO 1tb ssd | Monitor: LG 49WL95C-W | Peripherals: Logitech G815 + Razer Viper Ultimate + Razer Kraken TE | Audio: Logitech G560 

1 minute ago, Carbonado said:

Well there's a basic rule, don't game on a laptop without the charger connected lol. You'd be surprised at  how bad the performance gets if you unplug the laptop. As for heat, you'll have heat anyways because you'll be utilizing either the igpu or the discrete graphics to the max.

TBH, I don't expect to game without my charger nearby but I guess it'd be nice if I had the option for at least a little bit. And yea i remember playing League of Legends on my old laptop thinking it was plugged in to the wall and i was getting 10 fps or something, then I realized it wasn't connected properly and the moment i plugged it in the framerate jumped to 60-80 fps.

I have a HP Pavilion 14 too, without the Nvidia GPU though. I have the i5 10th gen and iGPU, and it is a very capable machine. I even do video editing on it and have not had any issues with it so far. My only concern is the plastic body around the screen hinge, after a while the plastic makes a sort of squeaky sound when it is moved, so I would advise to be a little gently with it, especially in the hinge area. 

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

4 minutes ago, RTX 3090 said:

I have a HP Pavilion 14 too, without the Nvidia GPU though. I have the i5 10th gen and iGPU, and it is a very capable machine. I even do video editing on it and have not had any issues with it so far. My only concern is the plastic body around the screen hinge, after a while the plastic makes a sort of squeaky sound when it is moved, so I would advise to be a little gently with it, especially in the hinge area. 

If the hinge itself is sturdy I don't mind the plastic sounds. Also do you know how much it weighs? If not is it comfortable to use? 

10 minutes ago, Tetoris said:

If the hinge itself is sturdy I don't mind the plastic sounds

seems pretty sturdy to me, although I am very careful of how I store/treat the laptop etc. I always carry it in a padded laptop bag, so not sure how well it would age if in the back of your backpack etc

10 minutes ago, Tetoris said:

If not is it comfortable to use? 

it's not bad tbh, has a pretty modern feel. The only thing that irritates me is the plasticky sounds when I move my hand across the keyboard or rest it on the metal. Not an issue if on a table, only when on your lap

11 minutes ago, Tetoris said:

Also do you know how much it weighs?

around 1.5-2kg, pretty sleek and modern.

Also another thing is that even though it has USB-C, you can't use that for charging / HDMI like a MacBook or normal thunderbolt laptop. Apart from those issues, it's a pretty solid laptop. It has intel optane SSD's so it is very fast and responsive. 

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

9 minutes ago, RTX 3090 said:

Also another thing is that even though it has USB-C, you can't use that for charging / HDMI like a MacBook or normal thunderbolt laptop. Apart from those issues, it's a pretty solid laptop. It has intel optane SSD's so it is very fast and responsive. 

That's a bit of a bummer I guess but nothing too major. Thanks for all the info!