i5 4670k or 4570?

I'm planning on building my computer this or early next week.  I want to go Intel and there are two options I have, to go with the i5 4670k and spend some extra money for the flexibility to overclock down the line.  Or the i5 4570, save some money and not overclock.  Both ways I'll probably be using the Stock cooler,  the enthusiest in me is just screaming and reaching with all its might for the 4670k, but in my pre-built rig I've never overclocked my CPU as I've been so scared and nervous. 

So, which CPU should I go for?  and is it different overclocking in a pre-built rig compared to your own custom-built rig?

get the K version and get a 212 evo and learn more about computers! :D 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I'm planning on building my computer this or early next week.  I want to go Intel and there are two options I have, to go with the i5 4670k and spend some extra money for the flexibility to overclock down the line.  Or the i5 4570, save some money and not overclock.  Both ways I'll probably be using the Stock cooler,  the enthusiest in me is just screaming and reaching with all its might for the 4670k, but in my pre-built rig I've never overclocked my CPU as I've been so scared and nervous. 

So, which CPU should I go for?  and is it different overclocking in a pre-built rig compared to your own custom-built rig?

4430 or 4440 or 4570, whichever is cheaper

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

You can no longer buy the hyper 212 EVO here :(  theres only one place that sells the simillarly priced cooler, the Geminii M4. 

You can no longer buy the hyper 212 EVO here :(  theres only one place that sells the simillarly priced cooler, the Geminii M4. 

you can get it off amazon for $30ish dollars 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

4430 or 4440 or 4570, whichever is cheaper

Thanks, the 4440 is cheaper, however I want the extra performance boost.  And over here it only costs about $10 more for the 4570.

you can get it off amazon for $30ish dollars 

I dont have an amazon account, and ordering from Amazon will take like 10 days.  the week after next I've got to fly accross the world for my uncles wedding x_x

Thanks, the 4440 is cheaper, however I want the extra performance boost.  And over here it only costs about $10 more for the 4570.

oh and btw, you can still OC the 4570 or 4440 etc.. just because it's a K series doesn't mean you can't OC. the OC is limited to like 400mhz though. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

I dont have an amazon account, and ordering from Amazon will take like 10 days.  the week after next I've got to fly accross the world for my uncles wedding x_x

most things on amazon ship world wide and when you join you get a test trial of prime that will speed up shipping 

Specs

oh and btw, you can still OC the 4570 or 4440 etc.. just because it's a K series doesn't mean you can't OC. the OC is limited to like 400mhz though. 

Well thats actually good, if I were going to overclock it would only be about 50mhz.

most things on amazon ship world wide and when you join you get a test trial of prime that will speed up shipping 

I cant take the risk.  Sorry

I cant take the risk.  Sorry

get 4670k, use stock cooler, when u get back home from the wedding order the evo  problem solved O.o!

get 4670k, use stock cooler, when u get back home from the wedding order the evo  problem solved O.o!

this man is a bloody GENIUS!  Tell me, How did you possibly think this up?!?!  Though I dont want to have to clean off thermal paste, so its either now or never. 

this man is a bloody GENIUS!  Tell me, How did you possibly think this up?!?!  Though I dont want to have to clean off thermal paste, so its either now or never. 

dont worry about the thermal paste its really easy to clean it, it would take u 2 mins

Why? He could get the 4570 for cheaper, save money and overclocking isn't really a thing as he's using the stock cooler so your recommendation is basicly a waste of money.

My understanding is the K versions are often from better quality manufacturing plants even if you don't want overclock I must agree with the crowd.

From experience my 2600k clock for clock was a better chip than my current 3770 non K but in saying that, I still push the 3770 to 4.2 (40x105) without drama.

Can really argue with Paralectics point too if you have no interest in tweaking it the real world gains are not there but personally I would not buy another non K myself.

4670K is quite cheap on Amazon atm (one day offer). Same price as 4570 in fact. At the same price (if u can buy from Amazon), I'd say go for 4670k. If not, go with what you need.

If you really are not going to overclock just get the 4570, honestly there isnt much difference between them, even OCd (for 99% of normal use)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii