Which monitor of those 2 is better for gaming?

ShadowFang111111
Go to solution Solved by Daethz,
On 8/19/2021 at 1:30 PM, ShadowFang111111 said:

Oh okay.. but Asus also claims to have some 0,5ms speed (Tn) and from what I've heard of the Spectre one probably has that number higher because It's budget IPS?

Budget IPS gona be way more likely to have backlight bleeding and bad IPS glow.

Cheap TN panels will just have really dull colors but no real issues.

But I trust asus over sceptre anytime

The Sceptre has (thoretically) a better panel but probably a much worse stand. 

The Asus claims full G-Sync compatibility whereas the Sceptre makes no such claims and the manufacturer hedges in response to this being brought up in the customer Q&A on the Amazon page. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

The Asus claims full G-Sync compatibility whereas the Sceptre makes no such claims and the manufacturer hedges in response to this being brought up in the customer Q&A on the Amazon page. 

Oh okay.. but Asus also claims to have some 0,5ms speed (Tn) and from what I've heard of the Spectre one probably has that number higher because It's budget IPS?

-> Moved to Displays

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 8/19/2021 at 12:13 PM, Middcore said:

The best thing you can do, with any monitor on the market.

Is remove stand, get mechanical arm, even the amazon basics one for $120 is perfect, boom +dramatic desk real estate regained +clean look +move/rotate to hearts content

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

On 8/19/2021 at 1:30 PM, ShadowFang111111 said:

Budget IPS gona be way more likely to have backlight bleeding and bad IPS glow.

Cheap TN panels will just have really dull colors but no real issues.

But I trust asus over sceptre anytime

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+