Do you own an iPhone? Here's what it indicates

Ebenesh

I've got my Note 3 on an unlimited everything plan, paying about $100 a month, yet I'm considered poor by General American public standards. Why? Because I like having a high end android phone and I'm willing to pay for it. So no, it really does not make sense to try and equate living standards with money and better products to those who can afford it...

sysloc

I have a Sony Xperia L....and i can make a call...thats all i want... -_-

I have an android phone, and I live in a pretty expensive area, so this is not a truly accurate study. In addition this study is only including low cost android phones, despite the fact that many of the high end options cost just as much as an iPhone. In conclusion flawed study is flawed.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Mugging someone for their phone is pointless.

Not really. Your phone is pretty much the one most valuable thing you carry, even if you are carrying a huge diamond in your pocket(because really, who doesn't)..

By valuable I mean it has high sale value and is easier to sell after it's stolen whereas you can't easily sell a diamond or whatever..

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Not really. Your phone is pretty much the one most valuable thing you carry, even if you are carrying a huge diamond in your pocket(because really, who doesn't)..

By valuable I mean it has high sale value and is easier to sell after it's stolen whereas you can't easily sell a diamond or whatever..

It's a useless brick after someone turns it off though which doesn't take long nor is it hard to do.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

It's a useless brick after someone turns it off though which doesn't take long nor is it hard to do.

Can be disabled before that happens. Just cut the signal. Besides I'm pretty sure people who deal in stolen phone bussiness knows a way to unbrick a phone.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Yeah, because Twitter is a very good way of measuring this...

Not to mention there are other tests showing the exact opposite: One in five iPhone owners 'is constantly overdrawn'

You can make the stats for these kinds of things look however you like. Not that it matters what other people do and use anyway...

Wow.These scientist are so smart,even my long-gone parrot repeated after me : "Iphones are for rich people".

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I live in a posh area with android.  I left my iPhone right next to the piles of money I use to fuel my fire and threw it in by accident.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

People here without jobs got iPhones, it doesn't indicate anything at all.

ah i get it...cuz Jobs isnt alive anymore...right? thats what you meant? :P

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I don't know if this applies to Canada, but I live in one of the best places in Toronto and I'm rocking the S4 so...

Like pleanty of other people

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

I'd say this is true for my area. I live in a pretty wealthy suburb outside of Detroit and most people that live here have an Iphone. My friend that's in high school said that when they had to turn in their phones for a test all but one was an Iphone. The only people I see with androids are business men or men in general.