Attempting case swap for Aurora R10

Imperialism

I'm attempting to do a case swap with my Aurora R10 pc. Bought it almost a year ago now and after some scary temperature issues quickly swapped out the cooling system for a Corsair H60, which helped quite a bit, however, I'm still getting some higher temperatures after extended periods of playing higher intensity games which I've attributed to the case design which is already limiting my cooling options in the first place.
The Specs for the Aura R10 are as follows -
Dell Wireless DW1810 (1x1) 802 .11ac with Wi-Fi, Wireless LAN , Bluetooth 5.0
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10Gb G DDR6X
512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)
32GB Dual Channel HyperX(TM) FURY DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz
AMD Ryzen(TM) 7 3700X (8-Core, 32MB L3 Cache, Max Boost Cloc k of 4.4GHz)
(swapped existing cooling with corsair h60)

I'm hoping to swap to the falling set up, swapping over GPU,CPU, RAM, and Storage. Getting new case, cooling, mobo, and psu.
Lian Li Lancool II mesh case
Corsair HX Platinum 850w 80+ Platinum psu
Asus ROG STRIX B550-f Gaming (WI-FI) mobo
Noctua NH-D15 cooling

I've estimated that it will cost about 600 dollars to do the swap which I'm pretty happy with, but it seemed like a lower amount than others I had seen who did a swap. First time I'd be doing something like this so I'm wondering if there's something I missed? or if this is a logical swap to make? Afaik everything should be compatible in the new case together, but I'm not very experienced in that field. Thanks in advance for any tips/advance/help.

15 minutes ago, Imperialism said:

still getting some higher temperatures after extended periods

does it still do it with the door off

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

does it still do it with the door off

Well, I haven't tested that, but I imagine it might improve somewhat. From what I can tell and have read the case itself restricts airflow, swapping to the liquid cooler helped. However, my GPU is situated in a spot where heat probably just sits and is melting it slowly. Have had all my monitors go to "searching for signal" for a few seconds every other day or so.

so is this a custom board? otherwise i fail to see how it'd cost 600 dollars, just swap the case. Profit?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

so is this a custom board? otherwise i fail to see how it'd cost 600 dollars, just swap the case. Profit?

Well, as much as I'd like to do that Dell doesn't always use the best parts for their systems in the Alienware R10. The motherboard is a Dell custom and while I've read of a few people actually swapping it over to a new case, it's not build for a case other than the Aurora afaik. For that reason I swapped it to the one I mentioned. As for the PSU, the Dell included one I've read can be harder, if not impossible, to remove and can be a bit finicky to put in a new case. While it's 1,000W I've read it can have other issues and isn't as high quality. That's one thing I'm not certain I need to swap but would rather play it safe. Reason for swapping cooling is pretty simple - been dealing with the hotter side of things for long enough that I just want one cooling system and done no matter what I might upgrade in the future. 

i see, yeah i know why you want to swap, i just thougt may reuse the parts, but if mobo is custom and psu sketchy, id probably replace  that too, yes.  

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity