My Graphics Card might be underpowered

So about 2 years ago or so, I bought a gtx 1070 from a guy on craigslist, who used the card to mine. He said he had it at 90% power to reduce stress on it. This is back when you could get a 1070 for $200. Anyway, ever since then, I feel like mine isn't getting the same results as other 1070s I see on YouTube, or from other friends and stuff who have them. I became more aware of this when my Dad, who also had a 1070 at the time, was playing at 1440p and was getting around 70 fps or something in a game that I can't remember. I looked at my fps at 1080p, and I was getting well under that, like low 60s high 50s.. Your first thought might be that my cpu is underpowered, it's not, I'm running a Ryzen 5 3600. and my Ram is plenty fast, G.Skill 16gb at 3600mhz. With all this said, could it be that the GPU is still running at %90 power like the guy had it set? If so, how would I see that? Any way to test it? (I'm welcome to any input or corrections for anything I have said.)

Thank you in advance

Just overclock the gpu via msi afterburner

And for monitoring the gpu and cpu usage you can use rivatuner statistics server which is an option when installing msi afterburner

22 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Just overclock the gpu via msi afterburner

And for monitoring the gpu and cpu usage you can use rivatuner statistics server which is an option when installing msi afterburner

Woah, i did it and I did not know how easy that was. Thank you! Did a +150 core and +300 mem, and it has seemed to boost performance a little. Thank you for your help!