CPU Temp issue, please help.

miloMboss

My CPU temp gets to 90-95°c while exporting on Adobe premiere Pro.

I have a pre built intel i5 with a gtx 1650 graphics card.

Is that normal or is my pc going to get destroyed?

Edited by SansVarnic
Title changed.

100c is throttle. So far so good, but a cooler upgrade would help.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

100c is throttle. So far so good

no...?

if the cooling was working correctly on that machine the temp shouldn't even exceed 85. You don't just say it's fine if the machine is right up against it's "slow down or fry" point especially if it's just premiere.

Please make your thread title descriptive of your problem so this doesn't blend into the hundred other threads every week that just say "help pls."

90-95 isn't going to cause any damage. It's not ideal. Not too surprising for what I'm assuming is the stock Intel cooler in a shitty prebuilt case with minimal airflow. An upgraded cooler may help, depending on just how poor that airflow is.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

14 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

<removed by staff>

I think emosun was going along the lines of the computer needs a de-dusting or checking if fan cables are plugged in instead of needing a new cooler. I sincerely doubt that a prebuilt would thermal throttle an i5 but I suppose its possible with some sh!tty manufacturers.

Edited by SansVarnic
Removed content.

Computer specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-6500
GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC ACX2.0+ 2GB

Motherboard: GA-Z170-HD3P VER.2

RAM: G.Skill Aegis 1x16GB 2400mhz

Case: Corsair Spec-01

Storage: 120GB Adata SP550 + 1TB HDD + 500GB HDD

Wireless card: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11ac/BT 4.0

PSU: EVGA Supernova B2 750W

Keyboard: Razer Backwidow Ultimate Stealth Non-RGB

Mouse: Redragon Centrophorus M601

Headphones: Steelseries Artis 1

Monitors: LG 24MP59G-P 24-inch 75hz 

32 minutes ago, Drak01112 said:

I think emosun was going along the lines of the computer needs a de-dusting or checking if fan cables are plugged in instead of needing a new cooler. I sincerely doubt that a prebuilt would thermal throttle an i5 but I suppose its possible with some sh!tty manufacturers.

All chips throttle first and Intel has had a 100c throttle limit for at least the last decade, that doesn't matter if it's a pre-built or not.

Irregardless, it's not a surprising temp having a stock cooler, which are designed around TDP of the chip and not a stitch more. 

A good cleaning could help, I have no argument for that.

39 minutes ago, Drak01112 said:

I sincerely doubt that a prebuilt would thermal throttle an i5 but I suppose its possible with some sh!tty manufacturers.

you havent seen a lot of prebuilt reviews lately did you? 🙃

watch the alienware one for even more hilarious "cooling" : - )

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

14 hours ago, emosun said:

<removed by staff>

I have my fans at full throttle and I get 100°c  when I export videos, it's a new pc so I'm a bit afraid

Edited by SansVarnic
Removed content.

31 minutes ago, miloMboss said:

I have my fans at full throttle and I get 100°c  when I export videos, it's a new pc so I'm a bit afraid

If you just want the temp lower and you've exhausted all avenues for cpu cooling like repasting/max fan speeds/reducing room temp/ect.....

You could set premiere to only use half the cpu cores which will definitely reduce the temperature as the cpu won't be fully used when exporting. Your exports will take twice as long but the cpu temp will at least be low. And or you can go into the windows power settings and reduce the maximum cpu power usage to 50% while you are rendering.

I've never really seen any machine that runs overly hot actually last very long in terms of lifetime. Machines that run cooler even down to 80c will definitely benefit in the long run. Running right up against 100c isn't what the cpu or board really want for any sort of longevity.

You do have a prebuilt so you probably should make sure the paste was done correctly and that they didn;t do something dumb like leaving the sticker on the cooler , ect...

12 hours ago, Drak01112 said:

Yeah I would think a prebuilt would actually be overly conservative with it's thermal limits on the board. Though Gamersnexus is a good source for examples of bad thermal designs. But in terms of something like a mundane HP box I don't think 100c is really acceptable

-= Title Updated to suit the topic =-

-= Thread cleaned =-

If your going to comment keep in mind our core values, or don't comment. 😐

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

13 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

you havent seen a lot of prebuilt reviews lately did you? 🙃

watch the alienware one for even more hilarious "cooling" : - )

Yeah I watched them videos before. That was what I was referring to with the whole "sh!tty manufacturers". The sheer incompetency is astounding though. Like how tf do you mess up on such a simple task?

Computer specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-6500
GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC ACX2.0+ 2GB

Motherboard: GA-Z170-HD3P VER.2

RAM: G.Skill Aegis 1x16GB 2400mhz

Case: Corsair Spec-01

Storage: 120GB Adata SP550 + 1TB HDD + 500GB HDD

Wireless card: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11ac/BT 4.0

PSU: EVGA Supernova B2 750W

Keyboard: Razer Backwidow Ultimate Stealth Non-RGB

Mouse: Redragon Centrophorus M601