Tips/Suggestions for my First Pc Build

BonelessGlue

Budget (including currency): USD 800 (Maaaaybe pushed to USD 850)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Coding Work (basic python machine learning), First Person Shooters (COD, Overwatch, etc.,) 

Other details This is my first PC. I am planning to hold off on getting a GPU for now until the prices become reasonable, which is why I chose a cpu with integrated graphics. 

CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor ($360)

Motherboard - Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard ($184 Open Box at Microcenter)

Memory - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 CL16 Memory ($62)

Storage - Not sure yet, looking for an SSD from 500gb - 1tb

GPU - No

Case - MSI MAG FORGE 100R ATX Mid Tower Case ($66)

Power Supply - EVGA BQ 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($35)

Total (Not Including Storage) - $707

Thanks!

you should get better ram 2400 speed is low for an AMD APU also your motherboard is overpriced for the level of parts you have. also if you dont plan on having a GPU you should look for a smaller form factor case and motherboard. 

7 minutes ago, BonelessGlue said:

Budget (including currency): USD 800 (Maaaaybe pushed to USD 850)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Coding Work (basic python machine learning), First Person Shooters (COD, Overwatch, etc.,) 

Other details This is my first PC. I am planning to hold off on getting a GPU for now until the prices become reasonable, which is why I chose a cpu with integrated graphics. 

CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor ($360)

Motherboard - Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard ($184 Open Box at Microcenter)

Memory - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 CL16 Memory ($62)

Storage - Not sure yet, looking for an SSD from 500gb - 1tb

GPU - No

Case - MSI MAG FORGE 100R ATX Mid Tower Case ($66)

Power Supply - EVGA BQ 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($35)

Total (Not Including Storage) - $707

Thanks!

Get a cheaper mobo, and get faster ram. Ryzen performs a lot better with faster ram. I would suggest 3200mhz

1 minute ago, Latvian Video said:

Get a cheaper mobo, and get faster ram. Ryzen performs a lot better with faster ram. I would suggest 3200mhz

The minimum I would suggest is 3400mhz.

28 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

you should get better ram 2400 speed is low for an AMD APU also your motherboard is overpriced for the level of parts you have. also if you dont plan on having a GPU you should look for a smaller form factor case and motherboard. 

I do plan on getting a gpu eventually, just not for now because of the prices

31 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

Also, I was wanting to get this motherboard because I wanted the wifi and bluetooth that was included in it, but if that isnt worth it, that makes sense. My reasoning for getting a stronger motherboard than I need right now, is that as I upgrade the pc as time goes on, the motherboard will still be compatible

35 minutes ago, BonelessGlue said:

Also, I was wanting to get this motherboard because I wanted the wifi and bluetooth that was included in it, but if that isnt worth it, that makes sense. My reasoning for getting a stronger motherboard than I need right now, is that as I upgrade the pc as time goes on, the motherboard will still be compatible

Well allot of boards have wifi and Bluetooth that are cheaper https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-i7-9750H-GeForce-Backlit-Keyboard/dp/B081PZTZ4B/ref=sr_1_8?crid=15B5MGO2YLKPS&dchild=1&keywords=b550+wifi&qid=1628701590&sprefix=B550%2Caps%2C221&sr=8-8

Aslo on Thursdays you can usually pick up GPU's for MSRP at Best Buy I used this discord to get mine it told me when stuff was in stock https://discord.gg/gpu