aRGB extension cables,Asus and Phanteks

frozensun

A lot of people teased me about this and it's frustrates me,makes my OCD unhappy.

I completely forgot that I got Asus aRGB extension cable with my MoBo.

So can I use that cable from Asus, with this kit, which I installed into the case?

It's Phanteks Digital-RGB starter kit.

As you can clearly see on pic,their extension cable is simply too short,around 2 inches and the aRGB strip hangs because of that.

20210809_161053.jpg

20210809_160928.jpg

20210809_161108.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

You do you, an extension should be fine as by definition it doesn't change the pinout, as long as the pin number and spacing matches. Though as many have said in the past, the general placement of your strips are really poor, so fixing this one blemish is like polishing a turd.

U sure the pinout is the same?

Do nor worry about my RGB placement.

Where would you put them,underneath the chasis? 😄

We already discussed that in previous thread,and this is the best solution to place them.

Maybe I should flip them other side but then again no purpose of diming the argb lights.

I wonder where is now a guy who teased me about this strip hanging.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

6 minutes ago, frozensun said:

U sure the pinout is the same?

Do nor worry about my RGB placement.

Where would you put them,underneath the chasis? 😄

We already discussed that in previous thread,and this is the best solution to place them.

Maybe I should flip them other side but then again no purpose of diming the argb lights.

I wonder where is now a guy who teased me about this strip hanging.

extensions dont have pinouts, otherwise how would it extend anything?

Per definition Extensions have the same pin out in both ends  or it would be an adapter 

phanteks and Lian li uses JST connectors and the others uses the standard 4pin RGB header (with 1 pin missing if its ARGB)

but the pin outs is the same so you could  clip off the JST, strip the wire and connect a normal RGB header add some electrical tape ✌️

22 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Per definition Extensions have the same pin out in both ends  or it would be an adapter 

phanteks and Lian li uses JST connectors and the others uses the standard 4pin RGB header (with 1 pin missing if its ARGB)

but the pin outs is the same so you could  clip off the JST, strip the wire and connect a normal RGB header add some electrical tape ✌️

Don't understand...too complicated to me.

Can I use asus extender with phanteks kit?

6 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Don't understand...too complicated to me.

Can I use asus extender with phanteks kit?

give me a pic of "asus extender"  plz 

6 minutes ago, NorKris said:

give me a pic of "asus extender"  plz 

20210809_174535.jpg

3 minutes ago, frozensun said:

20210809_174535.jpg

yes that is a Normal ARGB  to JST adapter. it works 

27 minutes ago, NorKris said:

yes that is a Normal ARGB  to JST adapter. it works 

So without worries of shortening smth I can connect and replace shorter extension?

Just now, frozensun said:

So without worries of shortening smth I can connect and replace shorter extension?

i dont understand the question 

Just now, NorKris said:

i dont understand the question 

Can I use the Asus extension ( regular one) instead of Phanteks extension?

Can I use the Asus extension ( regular one) instead of Phanteks extension?

u can use what ever cable u want as long as the ends are the same as u showed in ur pick. 

Okay.

I'll, in any case when removing phanteks extender take a photo of it but probably is the same,just there is one wire which is gray.

Dunno why.

Okay.

I'll, in any case when removing phanteks extender take a photo of it but probably is the same,just there is one wire which is gray.

Dunno why.

are u sure ur an engineer XD 

its 3 wires bro   5v,  data(always in the middle), ground  😛 
Grey is often a indication of 5 or 12v  

On 8/9/2021 at 4:56 PM, For Science! said:

You do you, an extension should be fine as by definition it doesn't change the pinout, as long as the pin number and spacing matches. Though as many have said in the past, the general placement of your strips are really poor, so fixing this one blemish is like polishing a turd.

Would you help me reorder the led strips?

1 hour ago, frozensun said:

Would you help me reorder the led strips?

just order them yourself?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't have the same pinouts,this is some sort of special Phanteks cable that connects only to it's controller.

Sadly it's only like 2 inches long.

20210829_163822.jpg

20210829_163842.jpg

smh.....check the strips to see what order the 5V, ground, and data pins are, and see if they match up with the 4-1 pin asus aura configuration. An engineer should have no problem figuring it out, good luck!

On 8/29/2021 at 4:58 PM, frozensun said:

Don't have the same pinouts,this is some sort of special Phanteks cable that connects only to it's controller.

Sadly it's only like 2 inches long.

20210829_163822.jpg

20210829_163842.jpg

ur literally showing a pic of it having the same pin out