Wireless problems

Frugivore8894

So I have now bought two different adapter and they both don't work. And yah I have trouble shouted them to hell and back. One was USB and that's one worked but not well at all the WIFI was getting like 100 kb/s downloads and the same kinds of speeds/quality on the Bluetooth too. So I got a PCI-e card with a intel chipset and I thought ok I am all good its a name brand and so I set it up downloaded the drivers and you guessed it its doesn't work, well at least the Bluetooth (what I actually care about) the WIFI is good but the Bluetooth doesn't work at all and I have tried everything I can think of. I tried a different USB header for the Bluetooth power, a different PCI-e slot, reinstalling the drivers, and then combinations of these things. I talked to a friend and he can't think of anything and I talked to my dad and the only thing he can possibly think of is its my OS witch we both agree is so really unlikely or it's my motherboard and again we both agree is absurdly unlikely.  But I have one idea I think it's the Bluetooth power cable. So I actually did find a replacement cable on eBay but it takes a month to ship so yah. So really need any ideas. I can still return the PCI-e card and get all my money back if it is just a problem with my card but at the same time two adapters both not working is just odd. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm9Mwc

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

Other projects I am working on 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

The concepts of “doesn’t work at all” and doesn’t work well” are getting confused here.  They can be quite different problems.  Als the questions of in what and doing what are not addressed.  Theres  a general shortage of specifics.  What didn’t work well, what didn’t work at all, and in what situation?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

54 minutes ago, Frugivore8894 said:

But I have one idea I think it's the Bluetooth power cable.

A defective USB 2 header cable doesn't prevent the WiFi card from working. It's only required for Bluetooth.

55 minutes ago, Frugivore8894 said:

So I got a PCI-e card with a intel chipset and I thought ok I am all good its a name brand and so I set it up downloaded the drivers and you guessed it its doesn't work

Make/model?

What about the make/model of the wireless router, including WiFi settings?

9 hours ago, Frugivore8894 said:

OS

I can confirm that Bluetooth and Windows 10 suck in most cases. So there is a real possibility its the OS. Could be a driver issue. Or it could just be Windows being Windows. 

If possible I would check Intel's website and find the last 2 or 3 drivers. Some times the latest driver could be the problem. So thats why I say find the next 2 or 3 drivers intel has. An older driver might do the trick. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Update for this thread. SO yesterday after sleeping on it me and my friend did even more trouble shouting and determined that it's not drivers and it has to be hardware. So I bought a even better card form Gigabyte hoping that a real name brand would work. It arrives in about week, and I also decided (after conferencing with my dad and friend)  that if this one also doesn't work too I have to do something with my OS or motherboard. Now This card dent need extra power form a internal USB cable to work (as far as I know) so the motherboard is a unlikely culprit if this third one fails. And for one last time its not drivers I tried drivers old and new form different scores including Intel. So I am not going to bother with doing any more with this card for the time being. If this new one works I will just return the old (current) and be happy with the more expensive one. And anyways this new one has Bluetooth 5.2 where as the old one (current) has 5.1, It is also WIFI 6e instead of WIFI 6 so if I upgrade my WIFI it will be better. Sorry if this is a bit confusing I tried my best to make it clear 🙂 .

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

10 minutes ago, Frugivore8894 said:

Update for this thread. SO yesterday after sleeping on it me and my friend did even more trouble shouting and determined that it's not drivers and it has to be hardware. So I bought a even better card form Gigabyte hoping that a real name brand would work. It arrives in about week, and I also decided (after conferencing with my dad and friend)  that if this one also doesn't work too I have to do something with my OS or motherboard. Now This card dent need extra power form a internal USB cable to work (as far as I know) so the motherboard is a unlikely culprit if this third one fails. And for one last time its not drivers I tried drivers old and new form different scores including Intel. So I am not going to bother with doing any more with this card for the time being. If this new one works I will just return the old (current) and be happy with the more expensive one. And anyways this new one has Bluetooth 5.2 where as the old one (current) has 5.1, It is also WIFI 6e instead of WIFI 6 so if I upgrade my WIFI it will be better. Sorry if this is a bit confusing I tried my best to make it clear 🙂 .

Hardware can be funky.  One guy apparently solved a stuttering issue by moving his wifi card down allowing more air to the video card.  He thinks.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

y moving his wifi card down allowing more air to the video card

I remember when WiFi 5 came to be the chips ran hot. So it could very well be the issue. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

I remember when WiFi 5 came to be the chips ran hot. So it could very well be the issue. 

Yah I tried different slots with different amounts of airflow. 

Main Project:

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

1 minute ago, Frugivore8894 said:

Yah I tried different slots with different amounts of airflow. 

Like I said in a previous post. Bluetooth and Windows 10 is meh. Maybe they will fix it with Windows 11, but to be clear Windows 7 also had issues with Bluetooth, at least with Bluetooth audio devices. It could very well be a Windows 10 related problem. To be very clear also I know its not an issue with my Bluetooth adapter because my previous gaming rig didnt have WiFi/Bluetooth, I used a $6.99 dongle from Amazon for Bluetooth and it worked well enough. With Windows 10 the experience did get a bit crappier. When I built my new gaming rig it came with an M.2 Wifi/bluetooth adapter. Again I had issues with my Bluetooth headset. Ive read a lot of stuff online that suggested Windows was the issue. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Like I said in a previous post. Bluetooth and Windows 10 is meh. Maybe they will fix it with Windows 11, but to be clear Windows 7 also had issues with Bluetooth, at least with Bluetooth audio devices. It could very well be a Windows 10 related problem. To be very clear also I know its not an issue with my Bluetooth adapter because my previous gaming rig didnt have WiFi/Bluetooth, I used a $6.99 dongle from Amazon for Bluetooth and it worked well enough. With Windows 10 the experience did get a bit crappier. When I built my new gaming rig it came with an M.2 Wifi/bluetooth adapter. Again I had issues with my Bluetooth headset. Ive read a lot of stuff online that suggested Windows was the issue. 

Ok I am still going to try this new one but that’s good to know. 

Main Project:

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard