Pre Built or Building your own?

cp3

Which one?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Pre built
    • Building your own

Budget: $800-$1500

Info: I wanted to build my own PC but I'm nervous to build it because 1 part brakes the rest is ruined and my money is a waste. I'm looking for parts or a pre build PC that can run at 240 FPS max and 144 or 120 minimum at least but I want my gaming PC to be at 144 stable. I'll be playing minecraft, fortnite, valorant, gta V and more games that requires a good gaming PC and also I'm looking for the storage at least 2 or 1 gb of ssd. If you guys have a recommendation for a pre built please do check all specs and runs the requirements of high quality graphics games. I want an rtx card like (2070,3080,3070) or just an rtx series. How hard is it to build a PC its my first time if I need to build it.1080p gaming and editing with adobe applications with no frame drops that's what I want but might as well 1440p but in medium graphics I guess?? since I only have $1500 max. Also any recommended monitor? It doesn't really matter how much it is because the budget is only for the PC components. Feel free to ask any questions.

Pre Built Plan: I'm not really sure what I can find because I'm having a hard time to check all the pre built PC but if you guys have a recommended one please send a link for it.

Building a PC: Not sure yet but if the comments has more potential for this option then I'll think about it.

So this is it and hopefully any of you guys please answer

Been building PC's since 2008 and I can assure you, if one part breaks, the rest of the parts are not "ruined". You just RMA with the manufacturer or retailer of that specific part. Assuming you can get a good price on a GPU, what you're after is absolutely attainable. 

You didn't mention resolution though (not many people do) and that plays a pretty massive role. 1440p monitors are more expensive and will require a more expensive GPU to run the games you want to run at the framerate you want to run them. 

1080p is a thing though I really don't suggest going that route in 2021 unless this computer will be used for nothing but gaming and sit switched off the rest of the time, its an extremely low resolution for any kind of productivity work these days. 

5 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Been building PC's since 2008 and I can assure you, if one part breaks, the rest of the parts are not "ruined". You just RMA with the manufacturer or retailer of that specific part. Assuming you can get a good price on a GPU, what you're after is absolutely attainable. 

You didn't mention resolution though (not many people do) and that plays a pretty massive role. 1440p monitors are more expensive and will require a more expensive GPU to run the games you want to run at the framerate you want to run them. 

1080p is a thing though I really don't suggest going that route in 2021 unless this computer will be used for nothing but gaming and sit switched off the rest of the time, its an extremely low resolution for any kind of productivity work these days. 

Well I want a 1080p gaming experience but 4k could be over the top and I question. Do high res monitor need a good gpu?. But thanks for reminding me

normally i would only suggest building your own, but due to gpu stock shortages, buying a pre built (for a reasonable price, from a reputable company), might be the way to go if you aren't willing to either wait for gpu stocks to return to normal, or get lucky and find one at msrp. otherwise, i agree with @rickeoas far as breaking parts go, harder to break things than it seems(if you are careful/patient), and rma is a thing(usually). if you do a fair amount of reading, and watching videos, it's a lot easier to build a pc than it may seem as a first timer. you will feel a lot more satisfied, you will pay a lot less, and you will have a much better understanding of how your pc works.

Currently pre-builds might be better options right now because the gpu market is pretty f-d up right now. You could potentially get a decent pre-build around $1500 from a reputable SI.

well I'll wait until tomorrow but since the gpu market has nothing rn I might wait until sunday.

9 minutes ago, Jonathan Lee said:

Currently pre-builds might be better options right now because the gpu market is pretty f-d up right now. You could potentially get a decent pre-build around $1500 from a reputable SI.

have any link for pre build rec?

17 hours ago, ForDaMaustang said:

Budget: $800-$1500

Info: I wanted to build my own PC but I'm nervous to build it because 1 part brakes the rest is ruined and my money is a waste.

If one part breaks, replace that part, the rest of the system isn't ruined (generally, it's rare that a part fails and kills others).