[Question: Does MX330 Work ??] MX330 to run EnScape

Amyrro
Go to solution Solved by Amyrro,

Hello everyone,

I have received a reply from the support of EnScape. They stated that MX series from Nvidia meets the minimum requirements just to run EnScape, but such low-powered GPUs are not recommended/ Currently I a not sure how usable is the MX330 on EnScape.

On their website, EnScape recommend 4GB VRAM. A recommended lower range from Nividia's line of cards is a GTX 1660 Super as of 2021-8-5th. However, their technical support recommend even a higher 6GB VRAM for a smooth experience with large models and/or detailed rendering. Generally, their website, forums threads and technical support have their compasses in the same direction, as they recommend either a beefy laptop (mobile workstation or top-end gaming machine) or a decent desktop.

For those interested, I assume the same is applicable for Lumion, possibly Revit render and Octane as well.

Hello everyone, 

I would like to inquire about the support for Nvidia MX330 Graphics (2GB VRAM) on EnScape, since this is the only discrete GPU I could find on 2-in-1 laptops in my country (here I am considering Dell Inspiron 5406)

MX330 is:

1- newer than GTX 660 (minimum example given on EnScape website)

2- comes with the minimum requirement of VRAM (2GB)

3- Runs OpenGL 4.4 and newer

https://enscape3d.com/community/blog/knowledgebase/system-requirements/

Nevertheless, I am not sure if the MX series is applicable to EnScape, or does it support only GTX and higher series (RTX or Quadro) ?

The idea here is simply to have something to be used for mobility, especially for a university degree, while maintaining a beefy laptop or desktop at home for serious rendering at home. Intel and AMD integrated graphics do not run EnScape properly, although they do run SketchUp and Revit, 5700U Vega 8 graphics provide even better graphics performance than MX330.

Thanks in advance & kind regards, 

Amyrro

Untitled.png

Hello everyone,

I have received a reply from the support of EnScape. They stated that MX series from Nvidia meets the minimum requirements just to run EnScape, but such low-powered GPUs are not recommended/ Currently I a not sure how usable is the MX330 on EnScape.

On their website, EnScape recommend 4GB VRAM. A recommended lower range from Nividia's line of cards is a GTX 1660 Super as of 2021-8-5th. However, their technical support recommend even a higher 6GB VRAM for a smooth experience with large models and/or detailed rendering. Generally, their website, forums threads and technical support have their compasses in the same direction, as they recommend either a beefy laptop (mobile workstation or top-end gaming machine) or a decent desktop.

For those interested, I assume the same is applicable for Lumion, possibly Revit render and Octane as well.