Battlefield 5 stutters

Mando772004

im getting frame drops / freezes in battlefield 5 using an rtx 3080 and a r7 5800x 32gb memory 3200mhz xmp on  cant even turn on dlss its greyed out. anyone experiencing this as well? my temps are 80 on cpu and 65 on gpu

How long have you been playing BF5? I experience stutters when it is the first time playing or when I enter a new map which I believe is the to do with the shader cache forming, it goes after a while.

6 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

im getting frame drops / freezes in battlefield 5 using an rtx 3080 and a r7 5800x 32gb memory 3200mhz xmp on  cant even turn on dlss its greyed out. anyone experiencing this as well? my temps are 80 on cpu and 65 on gpu

If this only happens on Battlefield, then it's just Battlefield and not your hardware, this has happened to me and some friends on BF1 and BF5, the games aren't fully optimised.

Ryzen 5 5600X (@4.8Ghz) |  ASUS RTX 2060 OC (+120 Core, +1125 Memory) |  Ballistix 16GB 

ASROCK B450M PRO4  WD Blue SN 550 1TB ‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎| Crucial MX500 500GB | Barracuda 1TB 

Corsair CX450M | Corsair Spec-Delta

5 minutes ago, Imperator_Diocletian said:

How long have you been playing BF5? I experience stutters when it is the first time playing or when I enter a new map which I believe is the to do with the shader cache forming, it goes after a while.

less than an hour

2 minutes ago, Podrake said:

If this only happens on Battlefield, then it's just Battlefield and not your hardware, this has happened to me and some friends on BF1 and BF5, the games aren't fully optimised.

well they happen often in bf5. they happen in games like control and horizon zero dawn but are very infrequent and arent gamebreaking. its like very small microstutters 

Hey @InfernalClaw the EXACT same thing happened to me too! I have a 5900X and an RX 6900 XT. I maxed out my settings and the game ran extremely well, but with MASSIVE 0FPS stutters in between.. I then lowered my settings to optimized or whatever it says in the menu and now the game runs okay... No idea what's the issue to be honest.

Just now, gal-m said:

Hey @InfernalClaw the EXACT same thing happened to me too! I have a 5900X and an RX 6900 XT. I maxed out my settings and the game ran extremely well, but with MASSIVE 0FPS stutters in between.. I then lowered my settings to optimized or whatever it says in the menu and now the game runs okay... No idea what's the issue to be honest.

do you happen to get very small micro stutters in other games? like small frametime spikes in games that are singleplayer like Control or maybe GTA

Just now, InfernalClaw said:

do you happen to get very small micro stutters in other games? like small frametime spikes in games that are singleplayer like Control or maybe GTA

Hmmm... no, haven't really noticed that. I've tried Red Dead Redemption 2, Cyberpunk 2077, Warzone and some other lighter tittles and my configuration runs them smoothly and with well 0 issues. On BF5 though, the stuttering on max settings is HORRIBLE for some reason @InfernalClaw and it's not like the RX 6900 XT or RTX 3080 can't run BF5 on max settings..

11 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

less than an hour

Yeah it shouldn't be the shaders forming then,  have you played bf5 with an overlay to tell you of statistics to see if your clocks are stable?

5 minutes ago, Imperator_Diocletian said:

Yeah it shouldn't be the shaders forming then,  have you played bf5 with an overlay to tell you of statistics to see if your clocks are stable?

yes they are stable.

11 minutes ago, gal-m said:

Hmmm... no, haven't really noticed that. I've tried Red Dead Redemption 2, Cyberpunk 2077, Warzone and some other lighter tittles and my configuration runs them smoothly and with well 0 issues. On BF5 though, the stuttering on max settings is HORRIBLE for some reason @InfernalClaw and it's not like the RX 6900 XT or RTX 3080 can't run BF5 on max settings..

rdr2 and cyberpunk actually run fine for me with no frametime spikes. i was specifically talking about games like control but thanks for your input

41 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

yes they are stable.

Odd my experience with micro stutters was on with a laptop and it pulling too much power, it would make a pop sound on the speakers/headphones along with the stutter and got fixed when I reduced power consumption.

17 minutes ago, Imperator_Diocletian said:

Odd my experience with micro stutters was on with a laptop and it pulling too much power, it would make a pop sound on the speakers/headphones along with the stutter and got fixed when I reduced power consumption.

yeah i know right? out of 100000000 people who have an rtx 3080 and a r7 5800x of course im the one that experiences weird frametime spikes. 

7 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

yeah i know right? out of 100000000 people who have an rtx 3080 and a r7 5800x of course im the one that experiences weird frametime spikes. 

Yep, were you running a different GPU before using the 3080? 

24 minutes ago, Imperator_Diocletian said:

Yep, were you running a different GPU before using the 3080? 

yeah a 2080super

53 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

yeah a 2080super

No issues before I assume? Did you delete the drivers with DDU when you went with the 3080?

11 minutes ago, Imperator_Diocletian said:

No issues before I assume? Did you delete the drivers with DDU when you went with the 3080?

i dont remember honestly if i had issues or not at this point and yes i used DDU

20 hours ago, InfernalClaw said:

i dont remember honestly if i had issues or not at this point and yes i used DDU

Sorry for the delayed response, have you set the power mode to maximum performance on the Nvidia control panel?

It is a long shot but might help.

Nvidia control panel>Manage 3d settings>Power Management mode>Prefer Maximum performance and see if that does anything.

8 hours ago, Imperator_Diocletian said:

Sorry for the delayed response, have you set the power mode to maximum performance on the Nvidia control panel?

It is a long shot but might help.

Nvidia control panel>Manage 3d settings>Power Management mode>Prefer Maximum performance and see if that does anything.

yeah i did

This is like the twelfth thread you've posted about stuttering and frame drops in the past couple months.

In one of those threads, you admitted you pirated a lot of your games. 

Until you buy all your games legit and completely wipe your system and do a fresh install to definitively get rid of God only knows what malware you picked up downloading cracks, I think it's pointless for anybody to try to help you find any other solutions. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 8/5/2021 at 10:52 PM, Middcore said:

This is like the twelfth thread you've posted about stuttering and frame drops in the past couple months.

Until you buy all your games legit and completely wipe your system and do a fresh install to definitively get rid of God only knows what malware you picked up downloading cracks, I think it's pointless for anybody to try to help you find any other solutions. 

i didnt pick any malware trust me i scan my pc everday. honestly not my fault you think cracked games cause malware ive had them for many of years and havent got any  malware so i dont know where you are going with this

On 8/5/2021 at 10:52 PM, Middcore said:

ps i bought the game it isnt cracked