intense Stuttering on some games

Michael1432

Hi guys i have a problem with stuttering and its really annoying i cant deal with it anymore its unplayable so basically i had a stuttering issue for a long time it was kind of playable tho some day it just got worse so i decided to reset my pc it did fix a little bit of it but not all of it im able to run gta 5 quite well but i cant run warzone or other realistic games like forza without stuttering and i have a mid-range pc i dont understand why im lagging so bad with the pc i have. i think its a lack of ram or bad cpu but im not sure.if yall can tell me what parts to change or what to do it would be highly appreciated so theres my pc: (i dont have any overheating issues or stuff like this)

Motherboard: Intel B360

CPU: i5-9400F 3.90ghz (overclocked)

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB(same issues with stock clocks and  overclock)

PSU: A 500W PSU (I dont know the model srry) (its a prebuilt pc)

Monitor: Alienware 240hz

SK Hynix: 8gb ram DDR4-2666 2X4

SSD: Wdc sn520 sdapnuw-256g-1002

HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA100

If i need to change parts tell me the price dosent bother me just tell me your suggestions i will listen to all of them i just want to get rid of the problem anything that can help is welcome. if you could help me i would really appreciate it 😆

Edited by Michael1432
Forgot hdd and ssd

Couple of things I noticed here, first of all single channel and somewhat low amount ram definitely can be the culprit here, second, where do these games run from? If its running from a HDD that is not performing that great that also can cause issues like you described here.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

13 minutes ago, mubeen-jawad said:

Upgrade your ram from 8GB to 16GB, it will solve your issue especially in Warzone. 
Also make sure to check you hard drive health as that can also increase your problem with stuttering.
Link for crystaldiskinfo: https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/

i ran a test with crystal disk info i ran the test with just discord my browser and task manager and it gave me like 180megabytes/second in reading and writing

14 minutes ago, Levent said:

Couple of things I noticed here, first of all single channel and somewhat low amount ram definitely can be the culprit here, second, where do these games run from? If its running from a HDD that is not performing that great that also can cause issues like you described here.

suggest me ur good hdds and my games do run on a hdd

8gb of ram isn't much and not great for forza or warzone probably lots of virtual memory swapping.

Those new games don't run well of off a hdd but shouldn't be too bad.

The main issue here is that both of those games basically require 8 threads to run stutter free and you only have 6. It's a common issue and nothing you can do about no matter what you upgrade to without upgrading the cpu as this is just the cpu being inadequate here. Not in terms of overall performance but in terms of threadcount.

1 minute ago, Michael1432 said:

i ran a test with crystal disk info i ran the test with just discord my browser and task manager and it gave me like 180megabytes/second in reading and writing

You ran Crystal Disk Mark. Which is a benchmark. Crystal Disk Info will tell you more about disk's health. I suggest getting a second stick of ram before getting a new hdd.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, jaslion said:

8gb of ram isn't much and not great for forza or warzone probably lots of virtual memory swapping.

Those new games don't run well of off a hdd but shouldn't be too bad.

The main issue here is that both of those games basically require 8 threads to run stutter free and you only have 6. It's a common issue and nothing you can do about no matter what you upgrade to without upgrading the cpu as this is just the cpu being inadequate here. Not in terms of overall performance but in terms of threadcount.

yea thats actually possible

Just now, Michael1432 said:

suggest me ur good hdds and my games do run on a hdd

Whilst not great it won't be your hdd as consoles still use them too so games FOR NOW are still optimized to use that.

Make sure when gaming EVERYTHING is closed except the game.

Just now, Levent said:

You ran Crystal Disk Mark. Which is a benchmark. Crystal Disk Info will tell you more about disk's health. I suggest getting a second stick of ram before getting a new hdd.

im on dual channel i need to buy 2x8

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Whilst not great it won't be your hdd as consoles still use them too so games FOR NOW are still optimized to use that.

Make sure when gaming EVERYTHING is closed except the game.

yea i only have discord and my game on nothing else 

im on dual channel i need to buy 2x8

Oh, I misread that as single channel ram. My bad. Anyways I suggest you to monitor your system components while gaming using MSI Afterburner's OSD function. That might help you identify if anything is maxing out during gaming.

yea i only have discord on nothing else

Close that too it will help a little but again this is most likely a cpu issue. Just open task manager and look at cpu usage for each core (right click ->change graph -> show logical proccesors) would not be surprised if many if not all are at 100% often.

Close that too it will help a little but again this is most likely a cpu issue. Just open task manager and look at cpu usage for each core (right click ->change graph -> show logical proccesors) would not be surprised if many if not all are at 100% often.

ye my processor runs at like 95% when i play warzone 

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

Oh, I misread that as single channel ram. My bad. Anyways I suggest you to monitor your system components while gaming using MSI Afterburner's OSD function. That might help you identify if anything is maxing out during gaming.

how do i get it

3 minutes ago, Michael1432 said:

ye my processor runs at like 95% when i play warzone 

There is your answer just like I suspected. Barely any to no headroom and boom something happens stutters come. Your only way out is a cpu upgrade.

Sure some will say overclocking but the issue really is just threadcount as has been shown multiple times. A i7 2600 has 8threads and will have far lower average fps but it will be rock solid and stable whilst a 5ghz 9600k will have FAR higher average fps but be a stuttery mess as it just does not have the extra thread(s) the games expect and are optimized for.

There is your answer just like I suspected. Barely any to no headroom and boom something happens stutters come. Your only way out is a cpu upgrade.

Sure some will say overclocking but the issue really is just threadcount as has been shown multiple times. A i7 2600 has 8threads and will have far lower average fps but it will be rock solid and stable whilst a 5ghz 9600k will have FAR higher average fps but be a stuttery mess as it just does not have the extra thread(s) the games expect and are optimized for.

is a i7 8700k good for it

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

6 cores 12 threads should be good ig

How much are you going to get it for? Keep in mind you'll need a DECENT cooler for it as the stock cooler DOES NOT WORK.

Either way before I can suggest anything I need to know your motherboard AND the actual psu instead of just 500w to make sure we don't do something it can't handle.

Just now, jaslion said:

How much are you going to get it for? Keep in mind you'll need a DECENT cooler for it as the stock cooler DOES NOT WORK.

Either way before I can suggest anything I need to know your motherboard AND the actual psu instead of just 500w to make sure we don't do something it can't handle.

i know the chipset is compatible with the i7 8700 its a lga 1151 and its a b360 i dont know the motherboard tho and the psu either 

i know the chipset is compatible with the i7 8700 its a lga 1151 and its a b360 i dont know the motherboard tho and the psu either 

i think 8 and 9th gen cpus are compatible with 300 series chipsets

I need to know that to make sure because whilst it should work it might not because well intel. Also the psu might not be up for an increased power draw if it's not a good unit (efficiency means nothing for quality).

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

i just checked and the i7 8700 is compatible with 300 series and im getting the cpu for like 300 cad to 450 cad

I need to know that to make sure because whilst it should work it might not because well intel. Also the psu might not be up for an increased power draw if it's not a good unit (efficiency means nothing for quality).

i looked everywhere what Mobo my pc uses even in my settings it dosent tell me all i got when i looked up online what was my pc mobo it said it uses a custom asus mobo