We Might Need a Wi-Fi Upgrade

mynameGeoff

Thanks to Juniper Networks for sponsoring this video! Learn more here: juni.pr/3eGR3sF and dig into the Marvis Conversational Assistant here: juni.pr/36WmpqI.

Is the studio due for a networking upgrade? Juniper reached out to see if we could test their new conversational virtual network assistant Marvis in an attempt to speed up our troubleshooting.

Buy LG Gram 17 2021

On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/1yosu

On Best Buy (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/AGd4B

On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/M0JbMCr

Hard to follow the train of thoughts and marketing buzzwords being thrown in at every chance. Like 4x4 WiFi 6 APs are fine but compared to Aruba or Cisco with 8x8 WiFi 6 APs the fact that they don't offer that (at least not listed on the mist website) is kind of odd. Although it doesn't really matter much these days just something I found interesting.

The "challenges" were just horribly done, like seriously you physically unplugged the AP?!? You can't tell me Juniper/Mist doesn't have integration with their switches to allow you to reboot the port corresponding to the AP in question or at least direct you to where you can reboot the port from the GUI. On top of that, I'm also baffled why the AP doesn't just default to DHCP for DNS when there is an issue and just throw a warning.

The rest were just poor demonstrations of the capabilities and I'm surprised Juniper didn't provide you better material to showcase their automation stuff, sure the heat-maps and Bluetooth location thigns are fine but everyone can do that, same with PCAPs and some of the other troubleshooting tools shown off. I know a couple other vendors that can do telemetry stuff too and show you network flows across the domain from the switch ASIC but I don't believe that is very prominent across the industry yet, at least on the wireless side of things.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 hour ago, GodAtum said:

This looks like the death of Unifi

Each of those AP's is over $1000 alone. With a 3 year license you're looking at somewhere between $2000 and $3500, per AP

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

The real question is can websites serve that much network speed?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

On 8/2/2021 at 5:30 PM, Lurick said:

Each of those AP's is over $1000 alone. With a 3 year license you're looking at somewhere between $2000 and $3500, per AP

Not even including the Marvis license that is per AP and not per org. as well as your support contract.

The base model AP12 is $450 and after all said and done it's just over a grand. People considering Unify most the time do it for cost, Mist will not put a dent in their sales.