Windows 10 key is not working in my laptop

FaisalAloyoun

so today when i was playing i tried logging off the applcation with windows key but i realized it wasnt working so i tried my keybaord but it also didnt work i restarted my computer 2 times and im still having the same problem idk if its bc of the virus i installed but i deleted it after witnising the problem i wish if someone can help me im really worried

Does your keyboard have a "game mode" key, switch or toggle on it? That's usually the case when the Winkey doesn't work.

It would help to know which keyboard you have so we could tell you if you have one or not.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Does your keyboard have a "game mode" key, switch or toggle on it? That's usually the case when the Winkey doesn't work.

It would help to know which keyboard you have so we could tell you if you have one or not.

Nah it doesnt im using a laptop also i tried the turning off the gamemode off and on in setting but it didnt work

11 minutes ago, FaisalAloyoun said:

Nah it doesnt im using a laptop also i tried the turning off the gamemode off and on in setting but it didnt work

You could try this to restore Windows key functionality if it has been disabled in Windows for some reason.

1. Right click on the start menu and select "Windows Powershell (Admin)".
  2. If prompted, click Yes to allow PowerShell to make changes on your device.
  3. Once in PowerShell, copy and paste in the following command, then hit the Enter key on your keyboard to execute it: 
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation) \AppXManifest.xml”}
  4. After the command has finished running, you should be able to use the Windows key once again, a reboot might be required.

Another possibility, is that there's something under the key that prevents it from pressing down correctly.

If you want to have more possible solutions, there's this article.

Which laptop is this exactly?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

You could try this to restore Windows key functionality if it has been disabled in Windows for some reason.

1. Right click on the start menu and select "Windows Powershell (Admin)".
  2. If prompted, click Yes to allow PowerShell to make changes on your device.
  3. Once in PowerShell, copy and paste in the following command, then hit the Enter key on your keyboard to execute it: 

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation) \AppXManifest.xml”}
  4. After the command has finished running, you should be able to use the Windows key once again, a reboot might be required.

Another possibility, is that there's something under the key that prevents it from pressing down correctly.

If you want to have more possible solutions, there's this article.

Which laptop is this exactly?

I Tried the powershell and it didnt work yet i think i have to restart also i tried using another keybaord plugging it into the laptop and it seems like it didnt work so its a windows 10 problem, the laptop is Asus Tuf F15

1 minute ago, FaisalAloyoun said:

I Tried the powershell and it didnt work yet i think i have to restart also i tried using another keybaord plugging it into the laptop and it seems like it didnt work so its a windows 10 problem, the laptop is Asus Tuf F15

i restarted. and unfortuanly the windows 10 key is still the same 

11 minutes ago, FaisalAloyoun said:

So your keyboard does technically have a "gamemode" on it. image.png.1a4b5be51b6c6ccb2c260528941e194f.pngThere is a "lock" on the windows key. Meaning even if you plugged in another keyboard, it would still be locked.

Normally, pressing FN+Winkey should unlock it according to the manual of your laptop

image.png.cf1816b1a441dac58ff04146a432fca3.png

If the fn key does nothing, press fn+esc to reenable the function key.

If it doesn't work, could be an issue with the ROG gaming center app. Uninstalling it could help.

And if it still doesn't work after all that, I give up and pass the baton to whoever else may have an idea on how to help.

2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

So your keyboard does technically have a "gamemode" on it. image.png.1a4b5be51b6c6ccb2c260528941e194f.pngThere is a "lock" on the windows key. Meaning even if you plugged in another keyboard, it would still be locked.

Normally, pressing FN+Winkey should unlock it according to the manual of your laptop

If it doesn't work, could be an issue with the ROG gaming center app. Uninstalling it could help.

OMG IT WORKED, THANKS SO MUCH DUDE I WAS SO WORRIED YOU SAVED ME

2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

I typed fn +windows key and now it works Thanks so much dude i was so worried 

Good to know it was only that and not something else like a broken keyboard. 👍

Just now, TetraSky said:

Good to know it was only that and not something else like a broken keyboard. 👍

Well, thanks a lot for your help have a good day