Am i bending the ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 tubes too much like this?

nillx
Go to solution Solved by nillx,

To follow up here - i replaced the case with Phanteks P500A and everything fits perfect. Now im waiting for 4 ARCTIC P14 PWM fans and im done with the build for now. Thanks for the replies. 

IMG_0922.jpg

Hello, today i got the ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 and it was a little bit of a struggle to install it with the tubes down inside my beQuiet PURE BASE 500DX. I did my best to not bent the tubes too much, do you think this is fine?

https://imgur.com/a/0jPQB62

Tubes are not touching the GPU, only slightly touching the GPU power cable. There isnt that much strain on the pump tubes, only the bottom ones are slightly pressed to fit in the case and that bending worries me.

Im quite happy with the stress test temps so far, went from 80-83 to 71C during the stress test (5900X). My prev cooler was Noctua NH-D15S

Might be easier to tell if you can take another photo from the back, where you can see the bend below the PSU shroud.

Also, is it not possible to flip the AIO so the cables are up top (I thought ideally, the way to mount these things is to have the pump height below that of the cables entering/exiting the radiator)? Correct me if I’m wrong - Could be just to have the highest point of the radiator above the pump is ideal?

Where is your rad? Under the PSU shroud? That's going to run the pump dry. Tubes should be down, as you have it, so that much is correct, but the top of the rad needs to be above the pump, so air will collect there, and not at the block. You can't bottom mount this AIO.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

2 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Where is your rad? Under the PSU shroud? That's going to run the pump dry. Tubes should be down, as you have it, so that much is correct, but the top of the rad needs to be above the pump, so air will collect there, and not at the block. You can't bottom mount this AIO.

I did included a few pics in the imgur link. Rad is the top point. 

11 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

Might be easier to tell if you can take another photo from the back, where you can see the bend below the PSU shroud.

Also, is it not possible to flip the AIO so the cables are up top (I thought ideally, the way to mount these things is to have the pump height below that of the cables entering/exiting the radiator)? Correct me if I’m wrong - Could be just to have the highest point of the radiator above the pump is ideal?

Ill make a few more tomorrow. Also its possible to flip the radiator but all the videos i saw were against it because the air will accumulate near the tubes and will create a gargling sound.

7 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

i dont think u looked at the pic..

48 minutes ago, nillx said:

Hello, today i got the ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 and it was a little bit of a struggle to install it with the tubes down inside my beQuiet PURE BASE 500DX. I did my best to not bent the tubes too much, do you think this is fine?

https://imgur.com/a/0jPQB62

Tubes are not touching the GPU, only slightly touching the GPU power cable. There isnt that much strain on the pump tubes, only the bottom ones are slightly pressed to fit in the case and that bending worries me.

Im quite happy with the stress test temps so far, went from 80-83 to 71C during the stress test (5900X). My prev cooler was Noctua NH-D15S

what gpu do u have?

I'd flip it. tubes down tubes up wont matter as long as the pump isnt the highest point of the loop

3 minutes ago, NorKris said:

what gpu do u have?

msi 2070s ventus oc

1 minute ago, nillx said:

msi 2070s ventus oc

ok then you dont lose performance if u put the GPU longer down (another pci slot)

7 minutes ago, NorKris said:

i dont think u looked at the pic..

No, I did, but I somehow missed the rather obvious now rad in the front. I need more sleep.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 minute ago, NorKris said:

ok then you dont lose performance if u put the GPU longer down (another pci slot)

Why? Tubes are not really touching the GPU and they were in that position before i installed gpu. Only the power cables are but they are not applying any pressure. Pressure point is on the bottom under the psu shroud where the tubes are bending up and pressing against it.

1 minute ago, nillx said:

Why? Tubes are not really touching the GPU and they were in that position before i installed gpu. Only the power cables are but they are not applying any pressure. Pressure point is on the bottom under the psu shroud where the tubes are bending up and pressing against it.

might help you in my (amazing) paint skills pic option 

2 minutes ago, NorKris said:

might help you in my (amazing) paint skills pic option 

Ill try that tomorrow but i dont think i have that much tube length 😄

Just now, nillx said:

Ill try that tomorrow but i dont think i have that much tube length 😄

ok worth a try. but as mentioned. since ur rad is so big. the top part of it HAS to be above the pump, therefore u can have the tubes coming out on the top, no problems 

10 hours ago, NorKris said:

ok worth a try. but as mentioned. since ur rad is so big. the top part of it HAS to be above the pump, therefore u can have the tubes coming out on the top, no problems 

Ahh so as long as the highest point of the Rad is the highest point of the whole AIO, then it doesn’t matter if the tube in/outlets are below the pump eh?

11 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

Ahh so as long as the highest point of the Rad is the highest point of the whole AIO, then it doesn’t matter if the tube in/outlets are below the pump eh?

Tubes down will always be the best option. 
why? When the AIO gets old enough fluids has escaped so that the top airpockets no longer can keep the air from going back and forth in the tubes. 
This can make some fun noises that u dont want

5 hours ago, nillx said:

Made a few more pictures. Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I cannot move the tubes above or around the GPU power cables without applying too much force. 

looks fine

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Having your tubes up won’t hurt anything. You have a 6 year warranty.. plan on using it at least twice..

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

To follow up here - i replaced the case with Phanteks P500A and everything fits perfect. Now im waiting for 4 ARCTIC P14 PWM fans and im done with the build for now. Thanks for the replies. 

IMG_0922.jpg