Bluetooth issues in Linux and Windows Ps:Too weird

Ajay Vishal

Hello guys I have a really unusual problem here. I have been working on this for weeks now and I still can't find why this occurs. When I connect my PC to 2.4 GHz band wifi and try to connect to Bluetooth audio device I notice a a lot of stuttering and choppiness when running any Linux based OS. I literally tried pretty much every major distro and even did a arch install from scratch and tried a blank Debian KDE install too. But the problem continues everywhere.I tried going to 5Ghz band and It works perfectly .Then I tried switching back to Windows and BAM! Miraculously the audio was perfect. At this time It worked perfectly with 2.4 GHz band but as soon as I switched to 5 Ghz the same stuttering started again. I don't know if this is an issue with the network card. So I tried switching to a external card for wifi and and continued using the integrated one for Bluetooth and none of these issues were noticed whatsoever. I surfed the net and found out that it is because of the both Bluetooth and wifi communicate on same band. But I was not satisfied with the answer. So I came here. Weird issue right?

Note: All these issues were noticed only when there was a load on the network. ex: A background steam update

My hardware: 

HP 245 G7 Notebook PC

R5 3500u

16gb 2666 ram

240 GB m.2 sata SSD

1TB wd green 2.5 Hdd

The integrated network cum Bluetooth card : RTL8822BE mini pcie network card

The external network card : D-Link DWA-131

My Bluetooth audio devices:Sony WH-1000XM4.

Boat Rockerz 332

JBL Charge 2+ 

BT and 2.4 Wifi are both sharing 2.4 radio space, I've ran into this before when the BT is kind of far away or the 2.4 radio is really congested. As for it working fine in Windows, not sure.

But sir why is it the other way around when using linux

3 hours ago, Ajay Vishal said:

But sir why is it the other way around when using linux

Not sure about that, I haven't ran into that issue. Usually it's driver things when hardware behaves differently between Windows and Linux.

9 hours ago, Bitter said:

Not sure about that, I haven't ran into that issue. Usually it's driver things when hardware behaves differently between Windows and Linux.

No I have did my best to find the drivers for them. I have been using Linux as my daily driver for about 2 years now.