Looking to make a fully custom ISO 105-key keyboard, but can't find PCB

Cyclee

Hey all,

So, I'm looking to make a fully custom keyboard for a friend, but after hours of searching I just cannot find an ISO 105-key PCB anywhere.

I know ANSI is far more common, but we're in Europe and therefore use ISO.

I'm kinda new to this, but I got the keycaps already figured out at least.

I know sites like MaxKeyboard let you make your own, but I REALLY want one with a custom case and plate.

If any of you could lend me a hand on this, I'd really appreciate it. 

Hey there.

On 7/25/2021 at 8:41 AM, Cyclee said:

So, I'm looking to make a fully custom keyboard for a friend, but after hours of searching I just cannot find an ISO 105-key PCB anywhere.

I know ANSI is far more common, but we're in Europe and therefore use ISO.

Full-sized PCBs are few and far between, nevermind trying to find ones compatible with ISO layouts. The few that I've been able to find:

• XD96 PCB (USD$43.90): 1800 Form Factor. Soldered PCB. Compatible with ISO and ANSI. KLE Software.
  • KBDfans KBD19X PCB (USD$59): 1800 Form Factor. Soldered PCB. Compatible with ISO and ANSI. QMK-Compatible, VIA Software.
    • Keyboard KitKBD19X Keyboard Kit. Keyboard kit contains the PCB and chassis.
    • Currently out of stock, but you can hit the "Notify Me" button for KBDfans to send you an email when it's back. The more people that are on the waiting list, the sooner they'll restock it, I think.
  • GMMK ISO Barebones (USD$59.99): Full-Sized Form Factor. Hot-Swap PCB. Compatible with ISO. GMMK Software.
    • Keyboard kit contains the PCB and chassis.
  • Rekt1800 PCB (Sold Out): 1800 Form Factor. Soldered PCB. Compatible with ISO and ANSI. QMK-Compatible.
    • Keyboard KitRekt1800 Keyboard Kit. Keyboard kit contains the PCB and chassis.
    • Currently out of stock, but you could email Cannon Keys to check whether they'll be back in stock soon, or whether it was a limited time product. They're a very active seller, and I'd expect them to be prompt with their communications.
  • NerD 108 PCB (USD$80): Full-Sized Form Factor. Soldered PCB. Compatible with ISO and ANSI. NerDy GUI Software.
    • Warning: GON's KeyboardWorks has a poor community reputation. Communication and delivery is slow, assuming that the product even reaches the customer. I only mention GON in the event someone else attempts to contribute to the thread, mistaking a Google search hit for a prompt or active seller.

Note that the cases are designed to fit their respective PCBs and I doubt they're interchangeable.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

• 7 months later...
On 7/26/2021 at 9:45 PM, Eschew said:

Hey there.

Full-sized PCBs are few and far between, nevermind trying to find ones compatible with ISO layouts. The few that I've been able to find:

• XD96 PCB (USD$43.90): 1800 Form Factor. Soldered PCB. Compatible with ISO and ANSI. KLE Software.
  • KBDfans KBD19X PCB (USD$59): 1800 Form Factor. Soldered PCB. Compatible with ISO and ANSI. QMK-Compatible, VIA Software.
    • Keyboard KitKBD19X Keyboard Kit. Keyboard kit contains the PCB and chassis.
    • Currently out of stock, but you can hit the "Notify Me" button for KBDfans to send you an email when it's back. The more people that are on the waiting list, the sooner they'll restock it, I think.
  • GMMK ISO Barebones (USD$59.99): Full-Sized Form Factor. Hot-Swap PCB. Compatible with ISO. GMMK Software.
    • Keyboard kit contains the PCB and chassis.
  • Rekt1800 PCB (Sold Out): 1800 Form Factor. Soldered PCB. Compatible with ISO and ANSI. QMK-Compatible.
    • Keyboard KitRekt1800 Keyboard Kit. Keyboard kit contains the PCB and chassis.
    • Currently out of stock, but you could email Cannon Keys to check whether they'll be back in stock soon, or whether it was a limited time product. They're a very active seller, and I'd expect them to be prompt with their communications.
  • NerD 108 PCB (USD$80): Full-Sized Form Factor. Soldered PCB. Compatible with ISO and ANSI. NerDy GUI Software.
    • Warning: GON's KeyboardWorks has a poor community reputation. Communication and delivery is slow, assuming that the product even reaches the customer. I only mention GON in the event someone else attempts to contribute to the thread, mistaking a Google search hit for a prompt or active seller.

Note that the cases are designed to fit their respective PCBs and I doubt they're interchangeable.

I'm shocked at the low numbers of custom keyboard kits using ISO. Thanks for this.

---------------

Sapienter Si Sincere