2k Monitor with only Ryzen 3 3200G (No dedicated graphics card)

surendhiran977

Hi, This is my system:

(NO DEDICATED GPU)
Ryzen 3 3200G 
ASUS A320M-K
16GB RAM
256GB SSD
1TB HDD

My current monitor is LG E1940 (720p).

I'm planning to buy a monitor with a good colour gamut and good factory calibration.
I've chosen the BenQ PD2500Q (1440p).

My doubt:
Will my CPU be able to handle this 2k monitor?
Will it be compatible with my A-GPU?

Will I be able to use that 2k monitor for video editing without any problem?

Can I use after effects and premiere pro with this monitor and A-GPU?

So far all information are polarizing, I used reddit to know more about this but in vain.

Small latencies and lags can be bearable.

And if I sell the current monitor (LG), no one will buy it. So I thought of using it as a secondary monitor (For E-mails, surfing, project monitor in NLE's, etc.) with the new BenQ monitor.
Will that be possible?

If not, no problem. I'll ditch the old one. But I don't want it to go to waste.

My work: I'm a freelancer. I do video, audio, and photo post-production. I don't play games, ever.

Software's I use: Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro, After effects.

Some say that unless it's gaming, I shouldn't have a problem.

But my doubt is: video editing is also a demanding task, right?  Can my Ryzen A-GPU handle a 1440P resolution while video editing in premiere and also in after effects?

I searched the internet and, most people say to test out the monitor. Buy it on amazon and test it out.
But I'm not in such a situation. My work is picking up and, I don't want to waste any time on this.

So please help me, guys.

Thanks in advance!
Surendhiran Subramanian.

Integrated Graphics in the 2nd and 1st Gen AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics /Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics /7th Generation A-Series APU
Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/RGB ports
- Supports HDMI 1.4b with max. resolution 4096  x 2160  @ 24  Hz / 2560  x 1600  @ 60  Hz
- Supports RGB with max. resolution 1920  x 1200  @ 60  Hz
Maximum shared memory of 2048  MB (for iGPU exclusively)

Just now, DejaVoodoo said:

Integrated Graphics in the 2nd and 1st Gen AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics /Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics /7th Generation A-Series APU
Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/RGB ports
- Supports HDMI 1.4b with max. resolution 4096  x 2160  @ 24  Hz / 2560  x 1600  @ 60  Hz
- Supports RGB with max. resolution 1920  x 1200  @ 60  Hz
Maximum shared memory of 2048  MB (for iGPU exclusively)

Basically mostly.  @60hz anyway, in 2d.  Good news is 1440p monitors will do 720p fairly well so you can always just turn the Rez down for gaming. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

If you aren't gaming, the 3200G should have no trouble at 2k with the HDMI output.

2D workloads are insanely easy for modern graphics hardware - I notice no performance difference at all when I have my graphics card hooked up to a second display, because it's just displaying basic windows. The impact on your editing should be negligible.

And the 3200G supports up to 3 monitors, so you should be able to use the HDMI with the 2k display and then use the VGA with your old monitor.