Issue with charging port

Shadowtank754

Hello, I have a oneplus 8 pro and while working i pured sugar water on myself and I believe i got some in the charging port as ever since they charger is very loose and hard to secure in the charger. I used compressed air and a toothpick to try and loosen up what was in there which helped a bit but it is still loose. How do I safely go about using something like iso alcohol to remove anything sticky in there without damaging the phone?

Thanks.

assuming your phone hasn't been badly abused (no cracks, or excessive drops) you should be okay to clean the port out with Isopropyl.  90%+ is ideal.  Also make sure the phone is OFF.

But is the plug not going all the way in?  Or is the socket in the phone loose?

It feels like there is stuff stuck at the end as I have to give it a good press to get it to start charging, and it will come out easily just by slightly touching the cord. I don't recall any blunt force or anything like that happening when this started happening, but it was the day after I spilled sugar water on myself which is why im suspecting that the water dried up but the sugar is clogging it up.

Next case is going to have a cover on the charger port 😞