ASUS monitor takes too long to start

Eitan German

hey guys, I have two displays:

ASUS VG279Q 144hz

DELL U2719D

both are working great except the ASUS monitor is taking too long to detect a signal.

when i start my pc or if my pc goes to sleep or even turns the monitors off after a few minutes without use the DELL monitor starts right up within a second, while the ASUS one takes like 5 -10 seconds to detect display input.

this results in a funky slideshow whenever i turn my pc on because not only it doesn't show a picture it seems like its being disconnected on a hardware level.

lets say i move my mouse after the screen turns off, the dell monitor turns on immediately, and is the only one detected then after a few second my ASUS display turns on too and all the icons jump around and rearrange.

both displays are connected via DisplayPort.

I have it too on my monitor. For me it seems to work fine when turning on the monitor before or using HDMI, but that limits the resolution/refresh rate

5 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

I have it too on my monitor. For me it seems to work fine when turning on the monitor before or using HDMI, but that limits the resolution/refresh rate

for now i just disabled the turn off after x time feature and turned on the screen saver from the days of windows 7 but this isn't a good solution since the backlight is still on.

hope there is any way to make it work properly 

• 2 years later...

sorry to necrpost on this, but im suffering from the exact same thing, (same screen models too)
have you found a solution by any chance?