Samsung U28D590D 28in 4K UHD

kraxe_tk

When IPS 4k is this cheap, i'll buy... but for now... no thank you.

Space.. I am.. Space.. 

NVM went back up to $699, the minute I called, could of sworn I seen it at $524.55.

FYI I'm working on my full review of this monitor. It'll be out tomorrow night.

Yay! More videos!

On topic:

My PC can't play 4K. so w/e

But once I have money I'll be browsing for some sweet deals on some good 1440p gaming monitors!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Cool. But Linus, you told me on twitter you weren't getting one. What changed?

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Hope to see your review soon, we need more details on this monitor.  It would be great to see some footage while I wait for my order, good or bad information.

28" is too big for me :c

Not enough for me as I like 32" to 40" tvs for my pc gaming.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I really don't see the point in 4K if you're a home user, except for the fact that you can brag about having a 4K monitor. 1080p is definitely fine for me.

Error 404: No signature found.

gotta love the 16$ min wage ._.

$16?!?!?!/ u crazy son? i get fkn $8.50 m8.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

must be 18 minimum wage or something coz im 15 and am getting poop/hr

well regardless if u were in the US you couldnt even be working until your 16 and even then your limited on how many hours you can work

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

As usual the "The Human eye can't tell them difference" style posts are appearing on forums now as they do every time something new and better comes out

I can see a difference with 2560x1600 vs 1920x1080.  

Of course you can, Claiming there is no difference is the argument people who can't afford something or are mad their massive collection of VHS and DVD's and 720p 32" plasma TV that cost them $3000 is obsolete make

to feel better.

Happened with Laserdisc, DVD, Blu-ray...... the same thing every time.... It's a evil plot by companies to make you rebuy stuff...blah blah blah.

This monitor is a hot deal everywhere, its just really cheap!

Comb it with a brick

Of course you can, Claiming there is no difference is the argument people who can't afford something or are mad their massive collection of VHS and DVD's and 720p 32" plasma TV that cost them $3000 is obsolete make

to feel better.

Happened with Laserdisc, DVD, Blu-ray...... the same thing every time.... It's a evil plot by companies to make you rebuy stuff...blah blah blah.

The way i see it, its not always obvious, or a conscious difference, but your eye knows its sharper and clearer. The situation that pops to mind is when you can see specs of dust in the air. They are thinner than a human air and generally you don't just see dust, but i have a projector in my room, and i can see floating dust in the light beam over 2 meters away. I think Contrast matters alot as well. Jaggies in games are more obvious when you have black wires on light blue sky for example. Essentially that's how anti aliasing works, by putting a grey (or midtone) between two pixels of opposite contrast to 'soften' the edges.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

The way i see it, its not always obvious, or a conscious difference, but your eye knows its sharper and clearer. The situation that pops to mind is when you can see specs of dust in the air. They are thinner than a human air and generally you don't just see dust, but i have a projector in my room, and i can see floating dust in the light beam over 2 meters away. I think Contrast matters alot as well. Jaggies in games are more obvious when you have black wires on light blue sky for example. Essentially that's how anti aliasing works, by putting a grey (or midtone) between two pixels of opposite contrast to 'soften' the edges.

The fact of the matter is, every single time something new like this comes out and it's pricey and renders older stuff obsolete envious people who can't afford it spew a bunch of crap about it.

When SSD's first hit the market the same crap happened... blah blah it's a scam,. there is no speed difference over HD....blah blah blah.

Laserdisc, DVD,  Audio-CDs...Blu-ray....HDTV... all the same story.

Envy causes some to people to feel a need to make up stuff to feel better.

There's also the people miffed that the 720p Plasma screen the paid $3000 for is long obsolete.

Ordered on April 4th, still haven't received any confirmation.  I called and they say I'm 5th on the list, this was a week ago.  Checked the sight this week and six in stock.  Checked again, now its gone from the site, not even listed.  Hope I still get mine.

I canceled my order.  They had my money for 25 days.  I will be waiting for the Asus PB287Q,

MessageDavid Amazon earlier as mine due tomorrow but wasn't listed as dispatched. They insist it has been dispatched and will be with me, but for some reason system didn't update. Will give gaming impression when it arrives as I. Using a single 290 at the moment.

Spoiler