Tough spot for a 980ti user

I3ordo

Hey,

I am looking for an IPS monitor with 27" IPS 1ms 1080p res. with g-sync module. Can't find the whole "bold" features in one product...My gpu is a gtx 980ti.

Why 1080p ? cause ps5 will look blurry while rescaling 4k to 2k besides lower ps5 performance.

Why g-sync ?: cause 980ti is not compatible with "G-sync compatible" displays. needs  "g-sync"

Why IPS: 3d work

27" 1080p will also be kinda blurry as the pixel density is crap. Either go lower screen size or higher resolution (4K is the next logical step). 1ms IPS is basically non-existent though, so you should probably let that one go.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

The downscaling from 4k to 2k makes the image look even sharper actually.

Also 27 inch 1080p is very unsharp and a mess so I would not go for it I don't even think they even make gsync 27 inch 1080p monitors any more. It's all at least 1440p at 27 inch.

Ips means NOTHING for colour accuracy. So I need more info here what you want.

What is your budget? Full gsync displays are fairly expensive.

True G-sync monitors are hard to come by, because Nvidia charges excessively for the hardware and certification. Manufacturers most often opt for FreeSync Premium, which is open and mostly cross-compatible, except, notably in the case of 10-series and under Nvidia cards.

Nividia has a list of G-sync and G-sync compatible monitors. That should help you in your search. Pay attention, though, because only the top of the list is true G-sync; it lists just compatible monitors as well.

It's worth mentioning, though, that PS5 currently doesn't support any form of VRR, but when it does, it will most likely only support FreeSync, so if you buy an exclusively G-sync monitor, there's no guarantee it will work with the PS5, once they get their act together.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

2 hours ago, I3ordo said:

Hey,

I am looking for an IPS monitor with 27" IPS 1ms 1080p res. with g-sync module. Can't find the whole "bold" features in one product...My gpu is a gtx 980ti.

Why 1080p ? cause ps5 will look blurry while rescaling 4k to 2k besides lower ps5 performance.

Why g-sync ?: cause 980ti is not compatible with "G-sync compatible" displays. needs  "g-sync"

Why IPS: 3d work

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/table/58892

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

16 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

1ms IPS is basically non-existent though, so you should probably let that one go.

👍

16 hours ago, jaslion said:

The downscaling from 4k to 2k makes the image look even sharper actually.

Also 27 inch 1080p is very unsharp and a mess so I would not go for it I don't even think they even make gsync 27 inch 1080p monitors any more. It's all at least 1440p at 27 inch.

Ips means NOTHING for colour accuracy. So I need more info here what you want.

What is your budget? Full gsync displays are fairly expensive.

i was planning on getting a MSI 27" OPTIX MAG274QRF-QD but that turned out to be g-compatible. budget is 300-450$ but that does not seem possible here. I might just upgrade the gpu and go "compatible"

16 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

True G-sync monitors are hard to come by, because Nvidia charges excessively for the hardware and certification. Manufacturers most often opt for FreeSync Premium, which is open and mostly cross-compatible, except, notably in the case of 10-series and under Nvidia cards.

so even the 10x series cant harness the "g-sync compatible" displays...😬 

13 hours ago, I3ordo said:

👍

i was planning on getting a MSI 27" OPTIX MAG274QRF-QD but that turned out to be g-compatible. budget is 300-450$ but that does not seem possible here. I might just upgrade the gpu and go "compatible"

so even the 10x series cant harness the "g-sync compatible" displays...😬 

10 series do do freesync so that isn't an issue. The only couple gsync displays left are either older ones or more expensive ones all out of your budget and requirements.

the sensible thing to do is to ditch the g-sync module idea and upgrade the gpu instead but even then i fear the g-compabitle models dont deliver the promised "stutter/tear/latency"free experience. because of the lack of a dedicated sync hardware, monitors reportedly cant use adaptive rates + overdrive features that prevent overshoot.