is plex pass worth it?

So I use plex for my media.  I currently run it off of my main rig with a 8tb hdd for storage.  I am able to watch 4k hdr footage on my smart tv generally.  I do plan on eventually moving the plex server to its own dedicated machine but that is down the line.  My question is with plex pass it says "Use the dedicated video decoder and encoder hardware support in your computer/device to convert videos and stream HD or 4K video more smoothly to more devices at once."  

Does that mean that when i use plex atm, it isnt using hardware decoding and encoding?  If i get plex pass, would my streams be any better or allow me to more easily watch multiple streams at once?  Thanks

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

1 hour ago, xdeathshot20 said:

So I use plex for my media.  I currently run it off of my main rig with a 8tb hdd for storage.  I am able to watch 4k hdr footage on my smart tv generally.  I do plan on eventually moving the plex server to its own dedicated machine but that is down the line.  My question is with plex pass it says "Use the dedicated video decoder and encoder hardware support in your computer/device to convert videos and stream HD or 4K video more smoothly to more devices at once."  

Does that mean that when i use plex atm, it isnt using hardware decoding and encoding?  If i get plex pass, would my streams be any better or allow me to more easily watch multiple streams at once?  Thanks

Hardware transcoding is only available with Plex pass. As well as the guide used for Live TV. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

If you are looking to use plex long term, yes the lifetime plex pass is worth getting. Over a few years, that cost is pretty low (don't do subscription ofc), and it does seem that things will be around for quite a bit longer. Certainly I've had plex pass for 5 years now and while they haven't updated as much as I would want, the 50 dollars (at the time) has more than paid for itself just from live tv when that was locked to plex pass.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

3 hours ago, xdeathshot20 said:

Back in the day, the Plex Pass hardware acceleration did improve things for me. But this was back when I was still relatively new to Plex and not sure what I was doing. It's always been turned on since I've had the Pass and everything does just work. 

As Curufinwe_wins says, if you are going to be using Plex long term, it is worth getting. They tend to drop the price for "new years" around black friday, so something to consider.