Windows 11 TPM

SLOTHINSPACE
Go to solution Solved by CommanderAlex,
2 minutes ago, SLOTHINSPACE said:

Hello these are my specs 

I9 7900x

Gigabyte Aorus x299 motherboard 

ect 

I can’t seem to find if my pc will support windows 11 I built it in early 2018 I think the cpu itself is older still a expensive and good cpu, if any knows if my system will support windows 11 that would be great. Thank you 

My MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon has TPM 2.0 inside Advanced section of BIOS, I believe it was under Secured Boot (I upgraded so I don't know the exact details). You should be fine though since X299 is still in the "Launched" status by Intel and not End of Life or Discontinued. 

Hello these are my specs 

I9 7900x

ect 

I can’t seem to find if my pc will support windows 11 I built it in early 2018 I think the cpu itself is older still a expensive and good cpu, if any knows if my system will support windows 11 that would be great. Thank you 

2 minutes ago, SLOTHINSPACE said:

Hello these are my specs 

I9 7900x

ect 

My MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon has TPM 2.0 inside Advanced section of BIOS, I believe it was under Secured Boot (I upgraded so I don't know the exact details). You should be fine though since X299 is still in the "Launched" status by Intel and not End of Life or Discontinued. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Right when I have time Il have to look though my bios, so along as my motherboard is good do I need to worry about my cpu, I’m not upgrading to windows 11 till it’s officially out aswell. 

4 minutes ago, SLOTHINSPACE said:

Right when I have time Il have to look though my bios, so along as my motherboard is good do I need to worry about my cpu, I’m not upgrading to windows 11 till it’s officially out aswell. 

Definitely check it out in BIOS or your motherboard's manual. I was going to check but there appears to be many different models of Gigabyte X299 motherboards, so they can vary. Personally gonna wait until Windows 11 has more support from other third party software/video games as I don't want to be a guinea pig. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

4 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Definitely check it out in BIOS or your motherboard's manual. I was going to check but there appears to be many different models of Gigabyte X299 motherboards, so they can vary. Personally gonna wait until Windows 11 has more support from other third party software/video games as I don't want to be a guinea pig. 

Same mate, will do thank for the info 

Just now, SLOTHINSPACE said:

Same mate, will do thank for the info 

Anytime!

36 minutes ago, SLOTHINSPACE said:

Hello these are my specs 

I9 7900x

ect 

Your PC doesn't currently support windows 11.

It has a 7th gen CPU, which doesn't currently meet the requirements.

Microsoft is considering adding 7th gen, time will tell

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

-> Moved to Windows

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 7/18/2021 at 2:25 AM, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Your PC doesn't currently support windows 11.

It has a 7th gen CPU, which doesn't currently meet the requirements.

Microsoft is considering adding 7th gen, time will tell

Yes i have a x299 gaming 9 motherboard i tried enabling tpm in my bios but had a error and kept power cycling, and then saying the current bios config contains a error so i dont knwo what that means for me, if windows do support windows 11 do  you think i would be able to get tpm to work, or if they do end up supporting it will i even have to. Any info on this would be great. I  am not going to spent lots of money on a new cpu and motherboard for windows 11 il just use 10 but would be nice to use as i still have a very good pc .

Absolutely no point worrying about this until Windows 11 launches.  I foresee a lot of people stressing over TPM only to find their CPU isn't supported anyway.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

8 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Absolutely no point worrying about this until Windows 11 launches.  I foresee a lot of people stressing over TPM only to find their CPU isn't supported anyway.

Right now there's work around if you have a tpm enabled system for the insider builds.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

47 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Right now there's work around if you have a tpm enabled system for the insider builds.

Its not even a workaround, they specifically say they are allowing PCs not meeting the minimum specifications to run the insider builds and those people have to downgrade back to Windows 10 at launch.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

18 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Its not even a workaround, they specifically say they are allowing PCs not meeting the minimum specifications to run the insider builds and those people have to downgrade back to Windows 10 at launch.

You still need tpm to do the insider builds though, and they probably don't intendo to be able to install it in csm mode no tpm, no secureboot or anything with the installer modify.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

well, i dont see your cpu here???

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-11-supported-intel-processors

i dont think it matters now, but officially supported it is not.

(same as mine intel i5u 7200) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

4 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

well, i dont see your cpu here???

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-11-supported-intel-processors

i dont think it matters now, but officially supported it is not.

(same as mine intel i5u 7200) 

Same here i5 7400

Like I said it's no CPUs in ryzen 1000 or below (1600af is unknown) or Intel 7000 or below

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

So i cant enable tpm it wont let me get past the bios, it says there was a error with the last settings you enabled so i had to disable just to be able to boot into windows i dont know if im doing something wrong, i do not have fast boot enables maybe i need to do that before enabling tpm and thats why i could not boot into windows. The reason i am doing this is because i want to be able to get windows 11 if they do end up supporting 7th gen, It is very annoying that this expensive computer wont be able to get windows 11 but a new bad laptop will (crying ) If anyone has got any more suggestion let me know 

On 7/20/2021 at 4:41 AM, SLOTHINSPACE said:

So i cant enable tpm it wont let me get past the bios, it says there was a error with the last settings you enabled so i had to disable just to be able to boot into windows i dont know if im doing something wrong, i do not have fast boot enables maybe i need to do that before enabling tpm and thats why i could not boot into windows. The reason i am doing this is because i want to be able to get windows 11 if they do end up supporting 7th gen, It is very annoying that this expensive computer wont be able to get windows 11 but a new bad laptop will (crying ) If anyone has got any more suggestion let me know 

TPM Support in older BIOSes can be terrible (especially for retail consumer products). I have an ASUS laptop with a 2019 BIOS that does have TPM (Windows can see it), but the BIOS can't enable it properly. It's the big brand integrators that usually have this running even on older machines (I have a 2013 HP that has TPM working properly).

Somewhat related: I don't know if it's a placebo, but the updated task scheduler in Win 11 seems to get better use out of my older AMD FX processors. Applications seem to run smoother on these devices versus Windows 10 (no noticeable change for my newer devices based on recent Intel and AMD microarchitectures). I wonder if their asymmetrical optimizations for Alder Lake included scheduling profiles for Bulldozer/Piledriver designs. I have 4 machines running Windows 11 (Zen+, Zen2, Coffee Lake and Piledriver).