How to Disable Headphone Volume Warning on Phone?!?

Kimmaz

TL:DR - How do I disable the warning about ear damage when turning up the volume on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge?

Hello. I use my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to listen to Spotify on my stereo at home. I connect it with a Mini-Jack to white/red normal round connection to a Sony Digital audio/video control Center (Amplifier).

When I turn up the volume on the phone there is a warning about damage to the ears when listening to headphones. I am required to click the "OK" on screen before I can again press the volume button. but I don't have any headphones connected at all. I think its very odd.

Second question: Sometimes after a few hours the audio level drops by itself to the "safe for ears" volume and its very annoying especially when I am outside on the balcony and have to go inside to turn it up again.
- Is there a way to disable this as well?

Thanks for any suggestions!

It is required by the EU for audio players (also applies to Android in the US) to limit volume to 85dB with a hard limit of 100dB. Without rooting, I am unaware of a universal method of disabling this warning.

By the way, anything you plug into the headphone jack on an Android phone will trigger this warning, as it is obviously intended to be used with headphones.

all electronic devices capable of media playback sold after February 2013 must have a default output volume level of a maximum 85 dB. Users can choose to override the warning to increase the volume to a maximum of 100 dB, but in doing so the warning must re-appear after 20 hours of music playback.

(The warning should only appear if your device is using an European ROM)

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

1 minute ago, Slayerking92 said:

It was present on my (us)note 9, i think samgsung did it everywhere

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

-> Moved to Audio

Which is kinda broken since nowadays the actual level you'll get out will depend vastly on the headphones you're using and devices tend not to come with headphones it could be set for anymore.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 minutes ago, Slayerking92 said:

all electronic devices capable of media playback sold after February 2013 must have a default output volume level of a maximum 85 dB. Users can choose to override the warning to increase the volume to a maximum of 100 dB, but in doing so the warning must re-appear after 20 hours of music playback.

Here is the thread you are quoting. Despite this, all of my American Android phones have the volume warning.

The volume greatly depends on how far I turn the volume knob on the amplifier. But I guess its the signal output that is limited to 85dB and not the volume of the speakers. I am able to get a lot more than 100dB in the living room, I don't turn up the amplifier that high when I'm inside tho.

Thanks for the answers!