Pixel 4a Fingerprint sensor not working.

RONOTHAN##

Earlier today, I had just finished installing a new screen protector on my phone and went to unlock the phone when I noticed the fingerprint reader wasn't even attempting to read my fingerprint. After 3 restarts to try to get it working, I went into settings and noticed the "Pixel imprint" option, what is used to add or remove fingerprints from the sensor, wasn't there. 

AAWUweVYM1WPypFh5e1lcHDciQmVf_lJ5xQnTeiU5DI0G_pKXrRg-Jimw0T93rQoBL8_vhGB5T1h6cQO2Ieg3iCpwLMVFV61oOl2bQGNJ5RWEQqSbXyFu6wBHLoV-i_dFvvUgHhMPUch1EjkzhZBTvy5tig_frx9U6-EMuG7ZBtL980Koe8yStZ1sltZq9B0CyovmPCxoAhCoBcNL29YnUgnbWWdpEQF_-0zfPU95Rviw0H02dKGLJIsW3Ps1ptrPGPjk1qCM_KFpP93t1oGB67hwoF6T0ZyxpC0-D2J9euqf9zPyJ40gdBmDhJjPxkqT7Coe3dhtOnoWqLUl-xMFvzw3vqoNwyrNLw7w42eI2vtm5yhtqiStgANk67RN_ZgSmAHpHF1BUT8WiP1KTs1IrSeFgFve81Tb56hSDKuo_xiYoxnY0ReOamcSB8AESxNL_R04a1EZMGR65faK0lLN4VAHcwnD_uY9jRoCGgdpW4owhtDPjngAEPNHhdHvwsVG3DjN5oUSjRjmzbBaM7TQuwW5rApSZxaXujlyxZe7T3CmSdgimElzXkM6kV-n1vvuYXsXppqjdZ8WMkCLtlSCCe1zGv_3tHT9zJu0Ex1kVo3fYGDIiJvZdSLljR2Uzufddl4ksh4KwP9AbEHxxn8M9LScwY-wcSb58YG78HicqIRs5ZGs9q5MvYPIBUcWNOu5HurAHMUHeL_v2LU3O-7L3OtPIGobRvwJdGk-1M=w864-h1872?authuser=0

I just spend the past half an hour with Google support to see if they could fix it, but they mainly just told me to remove the screen protector and factory reset the device. 

My question is does anyone have any idea of something I can do to get it to work. I'd rather not have to be out my phone for a few days while I file a warranty claim, and while I would be willing to open it up and try to fix it myself if it's just a ribbon cable that's disconnected, I'd rather not lose warranty coverage since my soldering skills are subpar at best if it ends up being something else.  

Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advanced 

(Also apologies if this is supposed to be in troubleshooting instead, I figured that's more for computer hardware than smart phones)