should i go for ryzen 5 2600

Go to solution Solved by VioDuskar,
Just now, XnonXte said:

Just do whatever will do good for you, If you do want to go with Ryzen 5 2600 then it is a good option, But Ryzen 5 3600 is better, Again idk about the current price from your country, There are no shame going with Intel or AMD, Be a Fan of competition, Also fix your grammar

he's probably ESL so, i'm giving him a pass on grammar. 

OP, if you just got an intel 9400f i'd just hold on to it for a while.

I think it's fine for gaming. maybe not for video editing though. i don't know what kind of workload you edit, so only upgrade if it's frustrating to compile/render.

if you're willing to spend the money you can get an x570 motherboard and slot an AMD 2600 or 3600 in it until you can afford a better 3000 or 5000 series. 
or hold off even longer and save up for the next AMD generation. (it just keeps getting better)

hello i recently exchanged my i7 3770 with i5 9400f and now when i was watching the benchmark of ryzen 5 2600 and 3600 it was better than this cpu so i. was thinking is it be better to exchange with ryzen 5 2600 so i will get a good cpu with am4 socket for which i can do later upgrade or should i stay with this cpu and go for i7 8700k after next upgrade 

i mostly do compitative gaming, video Editing on premiere pro with photoshop and after effects so plz explain

Yeah both are a really good no so old CPUs, But Maybe get the Ryzen 5 3600 Instead which using 7nm instead of 12nm, And much better zen2 architecture with gen 4, Or idk about you but maybe also consider get a I5 10400 or I5 11400 If you can find them at/or near the MSRP in your country, The MSRP is about 175-200USD (Idk about your currency just google it) the near MSRP the better, I5 10400 is outperforming AMD Ryzen 3600 in Gaming, Which is great and have a significant price drop.

Hello there... I'm both speedrunner and tech nerd. But not professional...

steam pcpartpicker.com speedrun.com

30 minutes ago, XnonXte said:

Yeah both are a really good no so old CPUs, But Maybe get the Ryzen 5 3600 Instead which using 7nm instead of 12nm, And much better zen2 architecture with gen 4, Or idk about you but maybe also consider get a I5 10400 or I5 11400 If you can find them at/or near the MSRP in your country, The MSRP is about 175-200USD (Idk about your currency just google it) the near MSRP the better, I5 10400 is outperforming AMD Ryzen 3600 in Gaming, Which is great and have a significant price drop.

but bro i was thinking instead of thinking of 11 gen isnt it good to go to ryzen and and just simply upgrade cuz there cpus in all over the world is cheaper and better also this cpu will be exchange or sold only in the price of ryzen 5 2600 so i have extra money but its for gpu that why i think it will be good i just need some experience guyz openion lets see explain plz

1 minute ago, Pakwarrior said:

but bro i was thinking instead of thinking of 11 gen isnt it good to go to ryzen and and just simply upgrade cuz there cpus in all over the world is cheaper and better also this cpu will be exchange or sold only in the price of ryzen 5 2600 so i have extra money but its for gpu that why i think it will be good i just need some experience guyz openion lets see explain plz

Just do whatever will do good for you, If you do want to go with Ryzen 5 2600 then it is a good option, But Ryzen 5 3600 is better, Again idk about the current price from your country, There are no shame going with Intel or AMD, Be a Fan of competition, Also fix your grammar

Just now, XnonXte said:

I think it's fine for gaming. maybe not for video editing though. i don't know what kind of workload you edit, so only upgrade if it's frustrating to compile/render.

if you're willing to spend the money you can get an x570 motherboard and slot an AMD 2600 or 3600 in it until you can afford a better 3000 or 5000 series. 
or hold off even longer and save up for the next AMD generation. (it just keeps getting better)

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

1 minute ago, VioDuskar said:

ESL

"ESL" Stand for what mate?

Agree I'd also probably Hold on with the i5 9400f, It still and are pretty decent middle range CPU, And maybe have a same performance with the Ryzen 2600 (cmiiw)

Waiting a bit is also a good choice actually, Especially with those incoming AMD 5000G APUs, Or maybe wait a bit longer till the DDR5 Become a thing with Intel 3nm or something like that

Just now, XnonXte said:

"ESL" Stand for what mate?

English Second Language. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

16 minutes ago, XnonXte said:

ok thnx

12 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

hmm thats right i will wait then and make some money on it and then sell or even just go on i7 8700k but before i have to buy a gpu under 100$ in which i am getting gtx 970 4gb msi or gigabyte version from a dealer which ships gpus in bulk quantity btw

English Second Language. 

Nvm I just google it before you replying to me, I mean there are a lot of people around the world who have a decent English as a second language, Myself including, I'm a bilingual can speak both Indonesian and English, While it's not perfect. So I don't think ESL really matter. Sorry if I'm somehow hurt someone feeling rn

6 minutes ago, XnonXte said:

Nvm I just google it before you replying to me, I mean there are a lot of people around the world who have a decent English as a second language, Myself including, I'm a bilingual can speak both Indonesian and English, While it's not perfect. So I don't think ESL really matter. Sorry if I'm somehow hurt someone feeling rn

Bro its ok mine also esl my main is urdu 

in Pakistan current price of ryzen 2600 chip is 110$ new condition and 3600 chip price is 219$ so massive difference i think i have to stay on this cuz before this i have i7 3770 so i am glad i even get this cpu which is 30% + faster from my previous so i will stay also there is graphic designer told me that intel cpu are well optmized for professional work than ryzen. he own like flag ship ryzens like ryzen 9 5900x and i7 9gens and he told that intel is better and optimizated in professional work and for gaming its also good like Nvidia you understand there gpus are best in editing and optimizated in gaming but deliver low fps than amd but stable gameplay