Strange MSI Case Fan Control Issue

Hello everybody,

I do have an annoying Fan control issue. I am using the MSI B350M Mortar Artic with the newest BIOS. When selecting PWM mode for the case fans in BIOS, it shows RPM up to 7.000, which is Un logical with standard PWM Fans (Fractal Design Dynamic X2 GP-12 120 mm used here) When ignoring that optical issue and setting a low fan curve to silent my build it saves and boots. After boot though, the fans spin at a high RPM, which is also reported in the MSI Command Center software. It shows a low curve, but reports 1200 rpm (see screenshots). I "solved" the problem by turning to DC mode in BIOS, and after each boot I change to "smart mode" in command center and load a custom fan curve, which works perfectly. But I need to do this with every boot, because the BIOS overrides the setting in Command center again. 

Any ideas on how to solve? Thanks for reading, hope somebody has an idea. 

Best

Julian

fan_curve_programm.jpg

IMG_20210715_171903.jpg

Well yeah.  That grey bar looks like the area your fan can actually operate in.  I’ve never even seen a curve system with rpm as the vertical axis before.  They normally look like the top one with heat and percentage of power.  You set the thing to operate at 3500 rpm (which is beyond max) at 40c

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Well yeah.  That grey bar looks like the area your fan can actually operate in.  I’ve never even seen a curve system with rpm as the vertical axis before.  They normally look like the top one with heat and percentage of power.  You set the thing to operate at 3500 rpm (which is beyond max) at 40c

Thanks for your reply. The graph in the BIOS shows the standard graph set when turning on PWM. I lowered it a lot bevor rebooting, still shows something else in command center and much higher rpm than wanted.