Will this monitor be a good replacement for my iPhone for photo editing?

PRATZiLLA

Right now I'm using my iPhone SE (2020) to edit my photos since the photos i edit on my gaming laptop turn out completely different when I import them to my phone. I selected the Benq EX2510 IPS monitor which has an sRGB rating of 99% and has 144hz (I need it because I play a lot of csgo) and also fits my budget. How much of a difference will there be between this panel and my iphone in terms of quality and color accuracy?

29 minutes ago, PRATZiLLA said:

Right now I'm using my iPhone SE (2020) to edit my photos since the photos i edit on my gaming laptop turn out completely different when I import them to my phone. I selected the Benq EX2510 IPS monitor which has an sRGB rating of 99% and has 144hz (I need it because I play a lot of csgo) and also fits my budget. How much of a difference will there be between this panel and my iphone in terms of quality and color accuracy?

Heh.  They’ll turn out completely different imported to anything and different for each monitor.  Hopefully less so for stuff that is color calibrated.  Remember that blue dress/white dress thing?  Color is wacky.  The lighting of the room a monitor is in can change the colors of a monitor.  Computer monitors are the bane of a graphic designer’s existence.  Pantone used to make money hand over fist dealing with that issue.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

41 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Heh.  They’ll turn out completely different imported to anything and different for each monitor.  Hopefully less so for stuff that is color calibrated.  Remember that blue dress/white dress thing?  Color is wacky.  The lighting of the room a monitor is in can change the colors of a monitor.  Computer monitors are the bane of a graphic designer’s existence.  Pantone used to make money hand over fist dealing with that issue.  

Thanks for the reply! Looks like I have a loooot of things to learn about color and monitors. Also, how much difference do you think would there be between the Benq EX2510 and ASUS ProArt Display PA278QV? I know this is another dumb comparison because they are completely different resolutions and price but I'm mostly concerned about the color accuracy. If the ProArt is just slightly better then I'll just save the money and buy the Benq but if there is a considerable difference between the two I'll save up and go with the latter. 

5 minutes ago, PRATZiLLA said:

Thanks for the reply! Looks like I have a loooot of things to learn about color and monitors. Also, how much difference do you think would there be between the Benq EX2510 and ASUS ProArt Display PA278QV? I know this is another dumb comparison because they are completely different resolutions and price but I'm mostly concerned about the color accuracy. If the ProArt is just slightly better then I'll just save the money and buy the Benq but if there is a considerable difference between the two I'll save up and go with the latter. 

Not the first clue.  No experience with either.  Possibly a lot though. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.