Dim display and backlight setting don't work, is it the inverter?

Johnny64

Hi,

I have an Eizo Flexscan S2000.  The OSD backlight settings don't work anymore.  Going from 0 to 100% does nothing.  The brightness doesn't change.

What could be the problem?  The inverter, power supply, main board?

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Johnny64 said:

Hi,

I have an Eizo Flexscan S2000.  The OSD backlight settings don't work anymore.  Going from 0 to 100% does nothing.  The brightness doesn't change.

What could be the problem?  The inverter, power supply, main board?

If the screen won't power on at all, it could be the power supply that's gone. However, if the screen powers on and you can see something when shining a flashlight against it (or when the sun is shining directly on it) but the brightness won't increase, chances are the backlight inverter has indeed failed and will need to be replaced. I've never replaced LCD monitor inverters before, but I can't imagine they'd be much of a different price than the $30-50 CAD that laptop LCD inverters were when I repaired laptops at a retail electronics shop around 10 years ago. Of course, this assumes you can even find a replacement part for such an old monitor.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Hi Kirashi,

Thanks for the reply!  The screen works.  It powers on.  The problem is that the backlight controls don't decrease or increase the bightness.  It stays the same.