CELEBRITY Tech Trivia!

CPotter
2 hours ago, BaidDSB said:

Its just sad that you are simping and defending a tech youtuber this hard who got ousted for not having any knowledge.

You mean LInus? Who ended up with the lowest score of the whole thing? Why wasn't he the first person to be criticized for lack of knowledge based on this one data point?

22 minutes ago, HenrySalayne said:

By this logic, any host of a show for children must be an utter idiot.

So you know her personally? Or have you jumped to this conclusion by watching a video?

I think it's a pretty safe assumption that she does not know much about technology other than surface level stuff.

I mean, feel free to prove me wrong if you want, but I have not found any evidence of the contrary. And that's okay. Not everyone has to be highly educated to do Youtube videos. Getting the perspective of a general consumer has value as well. 

But it's pretty telling that her strength lies in video making and presenting, not deep knowledge regarding the technology she presents in her videos. When she has been hired by companies like Intel it hasn't exactly been in engineering positions.

Those were some insanely hard questions. Like asking for the exact resolution of a long forgotten monitor. I think they really overestimated their contestants.

Quinn and MKBHD, and Brett deserved to be on that show. At least they really tried. Everyone else, especially the 2nd group of contestants were a complete waste of time. Didn’t even try. At least Linus tried even though he got the lowest score. Dissapointing show either way.

Next time pick contestants who actually want to play. Not just because they’re the only ones you could get. They were only there to get paid. I hope they all at least put the full amount to charity. 

2 hours ago, kblocks said:

Quinn and MKBHD, and Brett deserved to be on that show. At least they really tried. Everyone else, especially the 2nd group of contestants were a complete waste of time. Didn’t even try. At least Linus tried even though he got the lowest score. Dissapointing show either way.

Next time pick contestants who actually want to play. Not just because they’re the only ones you could get. They were only there to get paid. I hope they all at least put the full amount to charity. 

Come on. What is the share of questions you yourself got right? In spite of working in IT and being pretty tech-enthusiastic, I don't think I got more than 10% right.

Also, all of those Youtubers are millionaires. This $1000 for any of them is peanuts, an hour of their time costs more than that. So, putting it very mildly, your accusations are extremely unreasonable.

For a first run...that was decent, quite funny in areas too, can only see this getting better with a bit more work thrown at it.

Is this question and answer really correct?

Backlight strobing can reduce this motion artifact prevalent on OLED displays?

-What is judder.

I feel like the question has mixed things up.

Judder is not prevalent on OLEDs any more than IPS or other screens.

Backlight strobing does not help with judder.

Judder is when you got a fixed framerate that does not evenly divide with your monitors refresh rate. An example of this is playing 24 FPS video on a 60Hz screen. Your screen will have to play some frames for 2 refresh cycles and some frames for 3 refresh cycles, which makes the video slightly juddery.

Here is a picture illustrating it:

24p-playback.png.a2ac3f3c1468ebe5fdd2d1d90dd63c22.png

Strobing backlight helps with motion blur, and judder is completely unrelated to motion blur.

OLED doesn't even have backlight so the whole thing doesn't make much sense to me.

Maybe the one who wrote the question was thinking of smearing? That is quite prevalent on OLED screens. But that's not judder, and it is not fixed by backlight strobing either.

I always thought the RIVA TNT's where the first Nvidia Consumer GPUs

On 7/10/2021 at 9:23 PM, BaidDSB said:

Its just sad that you are simping and defending a tech youtuber this hard who got ousted for not having any knowledge.

Also Haters? What are you? 12?

Is Justine really a "Tech"-Youtuber? I wouldn't think so ...

More like a Lifestyle, Gagdet, Apple Youtuber.

I mean ... yes, she does videos about tech, but the focus is on how to use it and not how it actually works.

And to be fair ... MKBH didnt know much either. He pretty much won the first round because of cameras and being passiv. 🙂