Help with old game emulation

When I was a kid I played a game called Bookworm adventures by pop cap (I played on Windows XP probably?). I recently got reminded of it and wanted to play it again but I couldn’t find any ways to do it. I had it as a kid so I don’t feel bad pirating a copy from online but where do I get a trusted download and how do I emulate it into Windows 10 (if that’s what I need to do). I have 8GB of Ram on my laptop I think and nothing but intel integrated graphics but it’s a really simple and old game. Can someone help me out or direct me where I can get help? Thanks in advance!

https://archive.org/details/BookwormDeluxe_201901

Forgot to mention this. I found this is it ok to try?? I really don’t know anything about emulation except the concept of how it’s supposed to work and that it usually takes a lot more processing power than if it ran natively. I can install ISO’s and do basic computer things just so you have an idea of what I can do (not that much, lol)

15 minutes ago, UnnecessarilyTaken said:

I had it as a kid so I don’t feel bad pirating a copy from online

Unfortunately, despite me agreeing with that sentiment, that is still illegal so we probably cannot help you here.

You could try installing Windows XP or Windows 2000 in Virtualbox (a pc emulator) then run the game inside the virtual machine.

1 hour ago, UnnecessarilyTaken said:

https://archive.org/details/BookwormDeluxe_201901

Forgot to mention this. I found this is it ok to try?? I really don’t know anything about emulation except the concept of how it’s supposed to work and that it usually takes a lot more processing power than if it ran natively. I can install ISO’s and do basic computer things just so you have an idea of what I can do (not that much, lol)

It's old Windows game so technically you aren't emulating.

PopCap was bought by EA, so some of the old titles are on Origin. And Steam. Bookworm isn't. That doesn't make it abandonware. So unless you have once owned full version, you are pirating it.

With emulation and such, there grey area as you are still pirating if you have never owned originals, thus not paid for ability to play them. Same goes if you would install WinXP or newer to VM etc. For DOS games there's emulation, DOSBox.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, UnnecessarilyTaken said:

I had it as a kid so I don’t feel bad pirating a copy from online but where do I get a trusted download and how do I emulate it into Windows 10 (if that’s what I need to do).

Regardless, this is specifically against the Community Standards ;

Any discussion on how to engage in piracy is not allowed, including the discussion of hacking or cracking.

• Discussion of piracy in general is acceptable (e.g. "Game X becomes the most pirated game ever").
  • Hackintosh discussion is permitted.
  • Redistribution of copyrighted software, including links to third party hosting sites, is not permitted.

* thread locked *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !