Is this room too bright for a projector?

PhGnomez

A buddies business was considering a projector - is this room too bright? It would be on that brick wall.

This is the room at its absolute brightest.

Generally its alot less bright. But this is the worst case.

They dont want to drop $4,000 (ish) on a 100' + TV if they dont have to. i recommended a projector. Albeit I dont know anything about em 🙂

Ultimate question is - is this room too bright for a projector in say the.. 500-2k range?

Thanks in advance.

20210701_163524.jpg

25 minutes ago, PhGnomez said:

A buddies business was considering a projector - is this room too bright? It would be on that brick wall.

They dont want to drop $4,000 (ish) on a 100' + TV if they dont have to. i recommended a projector. Albeit I dont know anything about em 🙂

Ultimate question is - is this room too bright for a projector in say the.. 500-2k range?

Thanks in advance.

20210701_163524.jpg

im not an expert but there are some nice 86in tvs for 2k dollars so its not rlly answering ur question just thought maybe that would help

51 minutes ago, PhGnomez said:

Thanks in advance.

20210701_163524.jpg

Don't have the lights on Max when you use the projector, you're right, a quality projector would be cheaper than a 100' tv

On 7/6/2021 at 11:33 PM, PhGnomez said:

Thanks in advance.

Id go with a TV. It be a lot of money for a decent projector to go bright and the install costs with mounting it on the roof and running cables.

You also have the problem with people walking infront of the projector as its a bar people will do that.

Its normally better to go with multiple smaller TVs for a bar rather then one big one.

But if you got a budget of 4 grand just find a local install company. get it done proffesionally.

• 2 months later...

You need an ambient light rejection screen (ALR).  The good ones will cost you a fair bit, but they will have virtually 0 washout in that environment.