Just wanted some advice on free games.

I already know of:

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Mindustry

Vedelem The Golden Horde

Also there are other free games like:

CS:GO

League of Legends

And there are a lot of "free to play", but I'm interested in truly free games. And preferably single-player games. Are there any good ones, except "pay to win" games that are majority of "free games".

I edit my posts more often than not

Also OpenTTD ... loads of playing if you're into it.

Lots of free games on Steam.

GOG has free games as well. Epic games gives away games often

Not quite free but Humble bundles give you several games for a few dollars.

3 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Not quite free but Humble bundles give you several games for a few dollars.

I know there are sometimes big games for free, but still I'm after great free games that are always free. Not because I can't buy games I like, but I just thought maybe there are some free hidden gems for people to share...

Open TTD is one for sure, thanks!

world of warships is pretty fun when played with friends (same goes for war thunder)

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

1 minute ago, ki8aras said:

world of warships is pretty fun when played with friends (same goes for war thunder)

Yeah, and World of Tanks perhaps, though those I hear are a bit pay to win games? Have not tried them but most probably will.

1 minute ago, Tan3l6 said:

Yeah, and World of Tanks perhaps, though those I hear are a bit pay to win games? Have not tried them but most probably will.

not really, cuz paying for a higher tier tank (or ship) will matchmake you with players of higher ranks( who have gotten their items through grinding) and will only make your life more difficult

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

3 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

And there are a lot of "free to play", but I'm interested in truly free games. And preferably single-player games. Are there any good ones, except "pay to win" games that are majority of "free games".

My favorite right now that is 100% free is America's Army Proving Grounds. It's the only one that I know that is truly free and advertised that way with all weapons available for use.

A free to play game that is technically free as anything you would purchase is cosmetics, Quake Champions. I use this game to help keep my aim sharp as it is a fast pace arena shooter.

i9 13900k | MSI Z790 CARBON WiFi | 32GB Kingston FURY Beast | Asus TUF Gaming 4090 OC | WD Black NVMe 1TB | WD 2TB SSD | Thermaltake 1350 80 Plus Gold | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm | Windows 11 Pro | Alienware 240hz | Phanteks Eclipse P500A Digital LED | HyperX Alloy | Logitech G502 | HyperX Alpha

If you want free single player games, download the Epic Games launcher and you'll get a new game or two for free every week. I signed up for it two years ago and by now my library has over 150 games in it and I only ever bought a single one from that store. And those free games aren't just some cheap indie games (although they did give away some pretty amazing indie stuff like FEZ, Hyper Light Drifter, Superhot and the Stanley Parable), it also had some AAA and quasi-AAA stuff like Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Watch Dogs 1 and 2, Just Cause 4, GTA V, Civilization VI, Elite Dangerous and Alien: Isolation. Sure, the AAA titles are mostly a few years old by the time Epic gave them away for free, but if you haven't bought them elsewhere already, it's a pretty good deal.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

Well if you're up for the challengue you could give Dwarf Fortress a go.

You will either bounce hard or go into a hole so deep you will forget what the word "sanity" means.

1 minute ago, proxGamer99 said:

Someone may have heard of FootballTeam?

New to me. I liked the football club managers in the late 90s though. Will add to my list of potential gems.

6 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Archive.org has a huge amount of  abandonware , dos games, flash games... 

Yeah, though they are free they seem a bit too archaic to enjoy then if not played the games when they were released, so its more for nostalgia.

I'd prefer a bit newer games... 

Though have considered playing my first RPG (Betrayal at Krondor) through an online emulation - https://classicreload.com/top