old phone

I have a old zte phone with 51mb ram and a dual core 32 bit processor what os can I install on that phone? it currently has android 4.0.4 and it freezes before you unlock the screen sometimes so I am thinking like a old windows mobile that will still support touchscreen and my wifi connection

22 minutes ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

I have a old zte phone with 51mb ram and a dual core 32 bit processor what os can I install on that phone? it currently has android 4.0.4 and it freezes before you unlock the screen sometimes so I am thinking like a old windows mobile that will still support touchscreen and my wifi connection

Hard to help you without knowing the exact model, lookup LineageOS... or just recycle the phone.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

11 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

Hard to help you without knowing the exact model, lookup LineageOS... or just recycle the phone.

I believe it is a ZTE n9100

I have an old zte phone and I need some ideas of ways to repurpose it WITHOUT RECYCLING 

specs: 32 bit arm based dual core CPu

512 mb ram

4gb storage 32 gb micro SD card

Android 4.0.4 not rooted

if anyone can tell me how to root Android 4.0.4  please send me a video for that specific version of Android.

thank you.

* your thread was moved to the Phones and Tablets section, please post in the appropriate section *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

It's practically useless as a usable phone because of how little RAM it has, and the extremely weak CPU. Even things like web browsing are unlikely to work very well, if at all.

Lots of people use old phones as status readouts for their PCs. If you own a PC, it's a neat idea. Never tried it myself but you could certainly look into it.

21 minutes ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

I have an old zte phone and I need some ideas of ways to repurpose it WITHOUT RECYCLING 

specs: 32 bit arm based dual core CPu

512 mb ram

4gb storage 32 gb micro SD card

Android 4.0.4 not rooted

if anyone can tell me how to root Android 4.0.4  please send me a video for that specific version of Android.

thank you.

You could possibly use it as a webcam using Droidcam!

Dont know how good it would run DroidCam based on those specs. But it could be worth a try!

I reused one of my old phones (Huawei 5c/Honor 7 lite) as a Webcam for streams, discord and even School.

43 minutes ago, DankDeuxez said:

You could possibly use it as a webcam using Droidcam!

Dont know how good it would run DroidCam based on those specs. But it could be worth a try!

I reused one of my old phones (Huawei 5c/Honor 7 lite) as a Webcam for streams, discord and even School.

it doesn't even run google play and the camera is worse than a old flip phone camera the phone was $22 us dollars when I got it it was the cheapest one they had

1 hour ago, NotFakeName said:

Throw it in the trash

I guess that wasn't recycling but I want to use it as something 

3 hours ago, wavem2 said:

It's practically useless as a usable phone because of how little RAM it has, and the extremely weak CPU. Even things like web browsing are unlikely to work very well, if at all.

Lots of people use old phones as status readouts for their PCs. If you own a PC, it's a neat idea. Never tried it myself but you could certainly look into it.

I want to use it as kinda like people use the iPAQ today not as a phone but as a media device I was thinking maybe I could install windows mobile 7 

I can't find a good video so can anyone  help me? I want to root and unlock the bootloader on Android I've cream sandwich.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Depends on the phone you have it is NOT UNIVERSAL.

ZTE n9100

All I can think is rooting it and using it as a clock, calendar or notepad only. If someone would make an app, You maybe could use it as a doorbell

* threads merged, please stop multiposting *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Use it as an alarm clock

My Galaxy S2 recently died by battery expansion and I was thinking the same thing, but once the battery goes most phones are kind of bricks because they don't want to run on just the USB power. There's ways to rig it up, but eventually it'll end up tethered to the wall. 

You could get a high capacity SD card and leave it recording all day long as a sort of security camera.  If you want to use it as an ipad-like device for listening to music, that's easy enough to do with a micro SD card without rooting the device.  Just don't connect it to the internet (having an old OS version comes with responsibility to not make yourself a vector for malware attacks).

If I have to explain every detail, I won't talk to you.  If you answer a question with what can be found through 10 seconds of googling, you've contributed nothing, as I assure you I've already considered it.

What a world we would be living in if I had to post several paragraphs every time I ask a question.