What Xperia phone should I get?

NunoLava1998
Go to solution Solved by Commodus,
4 hours ago, NunoLava1998 said:

I'm planning to buy an Xperia phone sometime in the near future. For me, the most important features are generally a great camera, a headphone jack, decent hardware, and a phone that'll last me a long time (I'm aiming for about four years here).

I've narrowed my options down to two phones; the Xperia 1 II (about 700e used), and the Xperia 5 III (1000e new, but will probably go down in price). Which phone should I get?

I'd go with the Xperia 5 III. The 4K screen is overkill even on the 1 III, and you'll get more mileage out of the 5 III's Snapdragon 888 chip. That's not including other tweaks you'll likely get with 2021-era hardware.

I'm planning to buy an Xperia phone sometime in the near future. For me, the most important features are generally a great camera, a headphone jack, decent hardware, and a phone that'll last me a long time (I'm aiming for about four years here).

I've narrowed my options down to two phones; the Xperia 1 II (about 700e used), and the Xperia 5 III (1000e new, but will probably go down in price). Which phone should I get?

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

2 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

a great camera

i own an xperia 5 II (last gen, i guess)

the camera app is kinda horrible tbh, it's slow x-x

and sometimes u snap a photo and change app too quick, it doesnt actually keeps the photo

the video mode cant get focus for some reason

also, the split screen dual app thingy was buggy (and still is for some apps, discord especially)

but it's VERY handy and i use it everyday, so the upsides are definitely worth it

other than that, not much complaints

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

18 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

i own an xperia 5 II (last gen, i guess)

the camera app is kinda horrible tbh, it's slow x-x

and sometimes u snap a photo and change app too quick, it doesnt actually keeps the photo

the video mode cant get focus for some reason

also, the split screen dual app thingy was buggy (and still is for some apps, discord especially)

but it's VERY handy and i use it everyday, so the upsides are definitely worth it

other than that, not much complaints

Hm, I've only really seen the reviews on the 1 II and 1 III's cameras. Hopefully they're better than the 5 II, doesn't sound like those are too great.

4 hours ago, NunoLava1998 said:

I'd go with the Xperia 5 III. The 4K screen is overkill even on the 1 III, and you'll get more mileage out of the 5 III's Snapdragon 888 chip. That's not including other tweaks you'll likely get with 2021-era hardware.

13 hours ago, Commodus said:

Alright, thank you!