Why these modem cable don't work?

Hey guys so I want to put the modem inside my bedroom or other places, but when I connect my modem into these modem cable connection, it won't work and the wifi said "Connect without Wifi". Can someone please help me find out what I'm missing. Thank you. 

20210703_213301.jpg

20210703_214106.jpg

We can't really tell you from here why it doesn't work. Is is connected to anything? Are there coax outlets elsewhere in the house that do work? You'll likely need to find where the coax enters your house, find the splitters that lead to the different rooms then determine why that one isn't connected. 

Ryzen 7 7800x3D -  Asus RTX4090 TUF OC- Asrock X670E Taichi - 32GB DDR5-6000CL30 - SuperFlower 1000W - Fractal Torrent - Assassin IV - 42" LG C2

Ryzen 7 5800x - XFX RX6600 - Asus STRIX B550i - 32GB DDR4-3200CL14 - Corsair SF750 - Lian Li O11 Mini - EK 360 AIO - Asus PG348Q

1 minute ago, rickeo said:

We can't really tell you from here why it doesn't work. Is is connected to anything? Are there coax outlets elsewhere in the house that do work? You'll likely need to find where the coax enters your house, find the splitters that lead to the different rooms then determine why that one isn't connected. 

alright thank you

Where does that outlet lead to? There's usually a box on the side of your house, but sometimes it's inside, where the line from the ISP connects to your house. There is usually a splitter so that any of the connections in the house can be used, but the splitter could have been removed and only one outlet connected. Or it could just be intended to be connected to a TV and lead to an antenna in the attic. Regardless, without knowing where that outlet leads to (or if it is even connected to anything) there's not much we could do. 

Just now, The_russian said:

Where does that outlet lead to? There's usually a box on the side of your house, but sometimes it's inside, where the line from the ISP connects to your house. There is usually a splitter so that any of the connections in the house can be used, but the splitter could have been removed and only one outlet connected. Or it could just be intended to be connected to a TV and lead to an antenna in the attic. Regardless, without knowing where that outlet leads to (or if it is even connected to anything) there's not much we could do. 

are there like a way I buy buy a splitter? and what's its name and what does it looks like?

1 minute ago, Whooses said:

are there like a way I buy buy a splitter? and what's its name and what does it looks like?

They're called simply coax splitters but you'll want to find where the existing splitter is in your house before buying anything.

Ryzen 7 7800x3D -  Asus RTX4090 TUF OC- Asrock X670E Taichi - 32GB DDR5-6000CL30 - SuperFlower 1000W - Fractal Torrent - Assassin IV - 42" LG C2

Ryzen 7 5800x - XFX RX6600 - Asus STRIX B550i - 32GB DDR4-3200CL14 - Corsair SF750 - Lian Li O11 Mini - EK 360 AIO - Asus PG348Q

2 minutes ago, Whooses said:

Do you have something like this on the side of your house? That's the splitter that I'm talking about, the line on the left that loops around the top is the line coming from the ISP, it then connects to a splitter which connects multiple outlets within the house. Before buying anything, check if you have a setup similar to this. 

image.png.24c7fd632fe8b704c2e35dcc42463de7.png

4 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Do you have something like this on the side of your house? That's the splitter that I'm talking about, the line on the left that loops around the top is the line coming from the ISP, it then connects to a splitter which connects multiple outlets within the house. Before buying anything, check if you have a setup similar to this. 

image.png.24c7fd632fe8b704c2e35dcc42463de7.png

Hum... It's kinda late right now so I couldn't really outside but I do find a similar one inside one of the room

20210703_221145.jpg

6 minutes ago, Whooses said:

Hum... It's kinda late right now so I couldn't really outside but I do find a similar one inside one of the room

Spoiler

20210703_221145.jpg

Do you know what that disconnected cable leads to? Try plugging it into the splitter, as well as any other disconnected cables that lead to the splitter. 

31 minutes ago, Whooses said:

Can someone please help me find out what I'm missing.

You need to follow the main cable line coming in to your home and figure out where the main splitter is. Generally the ISP will run the cable from the pole or underground connection point to a box on the outside of your home. Some times they are lazy and do include a box. Anyway, that cable leads to a grounding block and then goes in to a main splitter. That splitter can be outside or inside depending on how things are setup. There should never been more than one splitter between the main line and the modem, because the cable modem needs the best signal. 

10 minutes ago, Whooses said:

20210703_221145.jpg

You should never have a splitter with unused ports. That puts noise in to the cable system and can effect the signal in your home and other homes in the neighborhood. All unused ports should have a terminator on them. OR you use the right size splitter. OR if you dont need a splitter you use a barrel connector and just connect the two wires together. Only wires you are using should be connected because again interference can get in to the cable system. The cable system uses the same RF bands as Radio, TV, Cellular, etc. The only difference is those signals travel thru the cable instead of the air, but signals from the air can get in to the system and cause problems. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Do you know what that disconnected cable leads to? Try plugging it into the splitter, as well as any other disconnected cables that lead to the splitter. 

I tried everything but nothing works 😕

4 minutes ago, Whooses said:

I tried everything but nothing works 😕

Tried unscrewing the outlet faceplate to see if it is connected to anything?