Best PC aesthetic in your opinion ?

Just now I am looking at my next build's case on one screen and looking for its fans for the foreseeable future on the other.

I like how my rig looks and all but I haven't upgraded in a while. This time I really want to get it right. 

What is your preferred layout/style ? Monochrome ? RGB or no RGB ? A little gold ? or do you make artpieces like twomad and DIY perks

Or do you not care at all and pick whatever's fastest ? (with a closed case of course 😉

Me? I can't even decide if I want my GPU to be vertically installed.

Whatever is fastest and provides decent cooling. Side windows are completely useless and contribute nothing to the cooling potential of a case, plus no one in their right mind should even be looking in their computers 99% of the time and any sort of LED lights coming from within a computer case is a sin against our eyes.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I like more performance, I'd pick performance over aesthetic, But I like my pc to be Stealthy color neutral with less or zero rgb...

Maybe if I wanted to build any pc in the future I'm gonna go with Black and white monochrome build with no RGB, That's it

Hello there... I'm both speedrunner and tech nerd. But not professional...

steam pcpartpicker.com speedrun.com

Performance and not bright RGB. I personally prefer no RGB. I'm still disappointed with myself that I didn't unplug the "R" header for the Radeon logo. I went out of my way to disable the RGB on the case and this is the only "R" I have in my case. My keyboard has RGB, but it's usually a soft dim purple.

Spoiler

20201224_120803.jpg?width=457&height=609

I will say, it looks like the case you've picked might not do that bad for airflow. If it was me, I'd probably just not use the weird side fans that face the side of the case and then just intake bottom, exhaust top and be happy with it. For best performance fans, look into Noctua. They're great, quiet and give you something to look at 😉

25 minutes ago, Vaud said:

Me? I can't even decide if I want my GPU to be vertically installed.

If you do that, it'll be trying to pull air in through glass....

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Performance and not bright RGB. I personally prefer no RGB. I'm still disappointed with myself that I didn't unplug the "R" header for the Radeon logo. I went out of my way to disable the RGB on the case and this is the only "R" I have in my case. My keyboard has RGB, but it's usually a soft dim purple.

Reveal hidden contents

20201224_120803.jpg?width=457&height=609

I will say, it looks like the case you've picked might not do that bad for airflow. If it was me, I'd probably just not use the weird side fans that face the side of the case and then just intake bottom, exhaust top and be happy with it. For best performance fans, look into Noctua. They're great, quiet and give you something to look at 😉

If you do that, it'll be trying to pull air in through glass....

I was actually looking straight at Noctua fans before posting this. 

Yes I picked that case specifically for it's airflow. Good suggestions to not mount the side fans, I might just do that. 

That's what I was thinking about, vertical GPU is so tacky in this. 

This is appealing to the eye though.

talius.PNG

11 minutes ago, Vaud said:

Yes I picked that case specifically for it's airflow. Good suggestions to not mount the side fans, I might just do that. 

talius.PNG

I vertically mounted my 2070 in a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv. It didn't have any issues, but ran warmer than normal. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

if you are looking for a case with good airflow, i would NOT go with that case. its a lot like the lian li pc-o11-dynamic which is a notoriously hot running case because of the amount of tempered glass and limited airflow holes. if you are looking for a good airflow case i would suggest looking into the fracal design meshify series of cases, the corsair 4000D airflow and 5000D or even into the new corsair 7000D airflow. 

Im starting to like smaller formfactors more, big bulky desktops are just.. old.

Had I not gotten a prebuilt (and then put it in a new case with a new psu) I likely would have attempted a substantially smaller build.

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

1 hour ago, Vaud said:

talius.PNG

ya gpus intake air and out the side so the air has to do an 90 in to the fan. case that dont have fans on the bottom and are vertical mount are even worse as the air has to come from the front fight tight cpu fan then do an 90. temps on the mb will most likely be down thow as the vrm and cpu socket gets air. so its a trad off i guess.+

also depends on how much room from the side panel you have ideal is an inch but depends on fan rpm.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

11 hours ago, tdkid said:

if you are looking for a case with good airflow, i would NOT go with that case. its a lot like the lian li pc-o11-dynamic which is a notoriously hot running case because of the amount of tempered glass and limited airflow holes. if you are looking for a good airflow case i would suggest looking into the fracal design meshify series of cases, the corsair 4000D airflow and 5000D or even into the new corsair 7000D airflow. 

image.thumb.png.0e6f4b5e9d6f91fdae7ce7912e2894cb.png

Debunking internet miss-information since *insert date later*

12 minutes ago, NorKris said:

thank you for link to the vid that my pic is tanken from that proves ur statment wrong 😆

(this is the 3rd or 4th time you have proven your own statments wrong by linkes/pics you have provided.) 

no, what it shows is my statement is 100% correct. take a look at the graph you posted. lian li dynamic (3side 100%) this means that the fans were running at 100% even though they were not doing anything like playing a game or benchmarking. 

not to mention these are above ambient temps not the temps.

2 minutes ago, tdkid said:

no, what it shows is my statement is 100% correct. take a look at the graph you posted. lian li dynamic (3side 100%) this means that the fans were running at 100% even though they were not doing anything like playing a game or benchmarking. 

not to mention these are above ambient temps not the temps.

its cpu benmark temps, and at normal fan speed, the case is over(cooler/better) than 60ish% of the cases tested.

soo: cooler than 60% is "is notoriously hot "

13 minutes ago, NorKris said:

its cpu benmark temps, and at normal fan speed, the case is over(cooler/better) than 60ish% of the cases tested.

soo: cooler than 60% is "is notoriously hot "

when is says 100% and 40dBA. its not normal fan speed. its full power and to a certain noise level. look at the graph again and you will see "stock" meaning that they didnt do anything at all, just took the case, put their hardware in and ran a benchmark.

and do you honestly think this graph is accurate based on that the number 1 case on it is this King of Case Airflow: SilverStone Raven RV02 Revisit - YouTube

7 minutes ago, tdkid said:

when is says 100% and 40dBA. its not normal fan speed. its full power and to a certain noise level. look at the graph again and you will see "stock" meaning that they didnt do anything at all, just took the case, put their hardware in and ran a benchmark.

and do you honestly think this graph is accurate based on that the number 1 case on it is this King of Case Airflow: SilverStone Raven RV02 Revisit - YouTube

40db-ish IS normal noise, therfore speed ppl will run their fans at.'

"you will see "stock" meaning that they didnt do anything at all, just took the case, put their hardware in and ran a benchmark." 

By saying this ur saying that a case top 40%, made it there by "not doing anything at all,  imagine if they did something hey? 

Anyways, we are often arguing about topics / stuff that you got wrong, and I'm not going to entertain ur trolling / lack of knowledge anymore in this thread therefor I'm going to finish this off by quotes from Steve him self: 

"the case can be made to perform reasonably well for the dynamic and that's a pretty strong point for it for something that is showy and liquid cooling focused it can still cool really well from an air flow standpoint"

"...cooling has enough ventilation options that if you work on it you can come out with a really well ventilated system"

And since you disagree I would suggest you complain to GN.

1 minute ago, NorKris said:

40db-ish IS normal noise, therfore speed ppl will run their fans at.'

"you will see "stock" meaning that they didnt do anything at all, just took the case, put their hardware in and ran a benchmark." 

By saying this ur saying that a case top 40%, made it there by "not doing anything at all,  imagine if they did something hey? 

Anyways, we are often arguing about topics / stuff that you got wrong, and I'm not going to entertain ur trolling / lack of knowledge anymore in this thread therefor I'm going to finish this off by quotes from Steve him self: 

"the case can be made to perform reasonably well for the dynamic and that's a pretty strong point for it for something that is showy and liquid cooling focused it can still cool really well from an air flow standpoint"

"...cooling has enough ventilation options that if you work on it you can come out with a really well ventilated system"

And since you disagree I would suggest you complain to GN.

you do realize that your "proof" is of cases that are mostly enclosed right? i am not seeing 1 case that is an airflow version of it. so 49 and 54 degrees above ambient temps under load is a very hot running case

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

image.thumb.png.0e6f4b5e9d6f91fdae7ce7912e2894cb.png

Debunking internet miss-information since *insert date later*

Y'all didn't have to start some s**** argument but, I;m going to have 8-9 fans so I think I'll be fine. 

I did pick the Talius hoping my room could be a little cooler during the summer times. 

If not fans and AC are also a thing lol

12 minutes ago, Vaud said:

Y'all didn't have to start some s**** argument but, I;m going to have 8-9 fans so I think I'll be fine. 

I did pick the Talius hoping my room could be a little cooler during the summer times. 

If not fans and AC are also a thing lol

sorry. about that. it seems to happen a lot to me when i post info. people just love to try and prove me wrong but they dont use complete info or tell the whole story then go "see i am right" 

getrting back on subject. the graph posted only shows cases that are mostly enclosed like the lian li dynamic. it doesnt show cases that have good airflow like the factal desigh meshify series of cases.

3 hours ago, tdkid said:

sorry. about that. it seems to happen a lot to me when i post info. people just love to try and prove me wrong but they dont use complete info or tell the whole story then go "see i am right" 

getrting back on subject. the graph posted only shows cases that are mostly enclosed like the lian li dynamic. it doesnt show cases that have good airflow like the factal desigh meshify series of cases.

The score didn't seem so far off for other cases. 

Again it was results with 3 case fans not what I'll be running. 

7 hours ago, Vaud said:

The score didn't seem so far off for other cases. 

Again it was results with 3 case fans not what I'll be running. 

yes it was a result with 3 case fans which is what gamers nexus does to make sure each test is as similar to others as it can be. for instance my corsair obsidian 1000D would probably only have a fan in the front, top and back in their test even though it can handle 13 as it comes from the factory. the main thing in that graph is that the cases listed are mostly enclosed cases like the 

MasterCase H500P | Cooler Master

H710i | NZXT

and the 

LIAN LI ALPHA 550W White SECC Mid Chassis Computer Case - Newegg.com

what you are also seeing in this graph is the GPU temps NOT the CPU or overall temps. i know this because the video linked below is of the worst case ever designed and it shows in the video the CPU temps which are all over the board (shown around the 21 minute mark) then the GPU temps (shown around the 22:30 minute mark)

12 Fans, 0 Airflow: One of the Worst Cases We've Reviewed | Abkoncore Ramesses 780 - YouTube

1 hour ago, tdkid said:

yes it was a result with 3 case fans which is what gamers nexus does to make sure each test is as similar to others as it can be. for instance my corsair obsidian 1000D would probably only have a fan in the front, top and back in their test even though it can handle 13 as it comes from the factory. the main thing in that graph is that the cases listed are mostly enclosed cases like the 

MasterCase H500P | Cooler Master

H710i | NZXT

and the 

LIAN LI ALPHA 550W White SECC Mid Chassis Computer Case - Newegg.com

what you are also seeing in this graph is the GPU temps NOT the CPU or overall temps. i know this because the video linked below is of the worst case ever designed and it shows in the video the CPU temps which are all over the board (shown around the 21 minute mark) then the GPU temps (shown around the 22:30 minute mark)

12 Fans, 0 Airflow: One of the Worst Cases We've Reviewed | Abkoncore Ramesses 780 - YouTube

"For this testing, we’re using two Noctua NF-A14 fans in the front, with one NF-F12 in the rear."

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3477-case-fan-standardization-tests-noise-normalized-thermals

he also test the stock fans ehat come with the case as they were installed and some times move em to see if there better place meant and probably picks the best temp.

some cases might favor the cpu over the gpu, some might faver the mb vrm, for this he will have a top case list for cpus, a top list for, gpus, and posably vrm temps.

he also test to see if the pc case up side down or front down but with even slow moving fans it over comes convention anyway.

he test with dust filters and with out and see if removing the side or front panel helps with air flow with non mesh fronts

for fan sound he test the fans up to 40 dba is the acceptable range that most people will be happy with. he might do a test at full speed as well if temps are bad but having a loud case with bad air flow is not recommend

for some people that use headphones it can be silent at idle and max when gaming and dba wont matter to them so fans 100%

he uses the same test rig in every case not changing any overclock or gpu fan speed (think its locked at %55)

so with some case more fans/ better fans may give even better temps so take the findings with a gran of salt.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

31 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

"For this testing, we’re using two Noctua NF-A14 fans in the front, with one NF-F12 in the rear."

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3477-case-fan-standardization-tests-noise-normalized-thermals

he also test the stock fans ehat come with the case as they were installed and some times move em to see if there better place meant and probably picks the best temp. some places might favor the cpu over the gpu, some might faver the mb vrm,

he also test to see if the pc case up side down or front down but with even slow moving fans it over comes convention anyway.

he test with dust filters and with out and see if removing the side or front panel helps with air flow with non mesh fronts

Worst & Best PC Cases for 2020 So Far: Mesh Trending & CES Round-Up - YouTube