Monitor for programmers

fh_arnob

I currently have two monitors(different brands-Dell and LG). I was thinking of getting two Dell P2419H. I usually sit for a prolonged period of time on front on monitors. So I need something that won't hurt my eyes.

Price of monitors are exceptionally high in Bangladesh so considering all the factors I chose the Dell P2419H. My budget is about 200 USD for each monitor(20k BDT). 

For people with big heart and a few spare time in hand you can check out the prices of monitors here

5 minutes ago, fh_arnob said:

I currently have two monitors(different brands-Dell and LG). I was thinking of getting two Dell P2419H. I usually sit for a prolonged period of time on front on monitors. So I need something that won't hurt my eyes.

Price of monitors are exceptionally high in Bangladesh so considering all the factors I chose the Dell P2419H. My budget is about 200 USD for each monitor(20k BDT). 

For people with big heart and a few spare time in hand you can check out the prices of monitors here

If the light from the monitor is bothering your eyes I recommend a few things-

1. Utilize dark mode on any applications to reduce the amount of bright light hitting your eyes
  2. Assuming you use Windows 10 it has night light built in which reduces the amount of blue light hitting your eyes
    1. If you're not using Windows 10 you can use an application called F.lux that does the same as night light and is highly customizable
  3. Get blue light blocking glasses
  4. Ensure that your workspace is evenly lit and that light isn't only coming from your monitor.

Data Systems Administrator | Sergeant - US Marine Corps | CCNA / SEC+

Ryzen 9 5950x | 64 GB DDR4 3600Mhz | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti | Full Build Info | HomeLab Setup

59 minutes ago, VectorTech said:

If the light from the monitor is bothering your eyes I recommend a few things-

1. Utilize dark mode on any applications to reduce the amount of bright light hitting your eyes
  2. Assuming you use Windows 10 it has night light built in which reduces the amount of blue light hitting your eyes
    1. If you're not using Windows 10 you can use an application called F.lux that does the same as night light and is highly customizable
  3. Get blue light blocking glasses
  4. Ensure that your workspace is evenly lit and that light isn't only coming from your monitor.

Everything is fine. But the LG has a yellow tint and both the monitors are getting old. I also have optimum lighting in my room. I tried calibrating them but to no avail. Can you provide any insight on the monitor?