xbox series x vs ps5 controller for pc gaming

NikitaSch

I want a controller for pc gaming but i cant choose.At first i wanted a ps5 controller but a lot of people say that ps5 controllers have "drift" problems.About the xbox controllers ive had a xbox360 controller for 4 years and never had drift problems but if i buy xbox i won't have the cool ps5 controller features.What is your opinion?

Personally I would choose the Xbox Series X controller over the PS5 one. I personally very much prefer the Xbox controller layout. I find it to be superior in ergonomics and comfort.

What precise "cool PS5" features would you be missing?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Personally I would choose the Xbox Series X controller over the PS5 one. I personally very much prefer the Xbox controller layout. I find it to be superior in ergonomics and comfort.

What precise "cool PS5" features would you be missing?

immersive haptic feedback, dynamic adaptive triggers built-in microphone and the touchpad.

5 minutes ago, NikitaSch said:

immersive haptic feedback, dynamic adaptive triggers built-in microphone and the touchpad.

And these are all features you would use on a PC?

The Xbox controller has haptic feedback. Not sure what market-speak "immersive haptic feedback" is, but it just sounds like standard haptic feedback.

"Dynamic adaptive triggers" also sounds like market-speak too. I assume that means it's a multi-step trigger? Pretty sure Xbox controller has that too.

Not too sure if it has a built-in mic, but what exactly would you be using that for? It has hookups to connect your own mic. It definitely doesn't have the touchpad, but I really don't see that being particularly useful on a PC.

Ultimately it's up to you - if these features are "must haves", then you must get the PS5 controller. If they're not, then you can get either. I would personally never buy the PS5 controller because I hate the layout and the "special features" are worthless to me.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I don't think any of the PS5 controller's "advanced" features, even if you think they're any good, would work on PC.

The Xbox controller has, in my opinion, superior ergonomics and most AAA games on PC will recognize it by default.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

41 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I don't think any of the PS5 controller's "advanced" features, even if you think they're any good, would work on PC.

The Xbox controller has, in my opinion, superior ergonomics and most AAA games on PC will recognize it by default.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

And these are all features you would use on a PC?

The Xbox controller has haptic feedback. Not sure what market-speak "immersive haptic feedback" is, but it just sounds like standard haptic feedback.

"Dynamic adaptive triggers" also sounds like market-speak too. I assume that means it's a multi-step trigger? Pretty sure Xbox controller has that too.

Not too sure if it has a built-in mic, but what exactly would you be using that for? It has hookups to connect your own mic. It definitely doesn't have the touchpad, but I really don't see that being particularly useful on a PC.

Ultimately it's up to you - if these features are "must haves", then you must get the PS5 controller. If they're not, then you can get either. I would personally never buy the PS5 controller because I hate the layout and the "special features" are worthless to me.

Xbox controller design is much better , i think i will go xbox 

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

They sure don't work on PC, the only benefit to dealing with a DualSense on PC is that the vibration feels a bit better. Not worth the headache though.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)