Laptop monitor showing pixellated colours

Go to solution Solved by Kailoren,

I came back home and booted the laptop up and now the colours seem to be fine? Going to do some photography editing for a few hours so I don't know if it's fixed or temporary, marking this as the solution to close the thread out

In the last two weeks my monitor has been showing in what appears to be 8bit colour depth. I've seen on these forums that windows says 8bit depth when it really means 8bpc so I assume this is normal, however about a month ago I re-pasted my gpu and cpu to reduce temps so i'm worried one of the power rails has gone? Windows was also restored to factory settings (win10 home edition x64) and all drivers are up to date as of today (03-July-21). I have tried to update display drivers with windows update and from the MSI website but neither of these fixed the issue which leads me to think it's a hardware issue.

The laptop is an MSI GS73 Stealth 8RF (I will put full specs with bios version etc when I get back sorry)

Images so you can see what I mean

20210701_054831.thumb.jpg.1eac82817c5b01afde37c5afaecc6275.jpg

2hp7ag.jpg.c39e79197dbc1ca4086562f3c6d8641f.jpg

Do you see the same thing inside the Bios setup?

1 hour ago, WickedThunder86 said:

Do you see the same thing inside the Bios setup?

I dont see anywhere in the bios that shows that information

I came back home and booted the laptop up and now the colours seem to be fine? Going to do some photography editing for a few hours so I don't know if it's fixed or temporary, marking this as the solution to close the thread out

16 minutes ago, Kailoren said:

I dont see anywhere in the bios that shows that information

I meant if you still see the broken colors in the BIOS setup then it's a hardware issue.